The Fleese-Bay Jack Ass Of the Week!

eBay posts
Robert Luland
Bikes: 1922 J, 1922 JD, 1937 ULH, 1946FL 1948FL, 1957FL, 1960FLH, 1965XLCH, 1995 FLHT

The Fleese-Bay Jack Ass Of the Week!

Post by Robert Luland »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0710752612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is getting to the point of insanity! How lazy are these people. Are they afraid to go to a swap meet and dig in a milk crate? Bob L
1964FLDUO
Inactive member
Bikes: 1964 FL Duo Glide

Re: The Fleese-Bay Jack Ass Of the Week!

Post by 1964FLDUO »

Gotta be someone overseas, paying that much
FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix »

Bob,
Don't ya see what happened there? Its a no-brainer, the seller put the word "knucklehead" in the item description. When you use the magic word it instantly and automatically quadruples the price. Sad, but true..... :(

mike
1964 pan
Bikes: 1964 FL

Post by 1964 pan »

Ya'll are making me feel bad. :cry: I just won a part from johngoober. Not any swap meets in this area of the world. Gotta get my parts where I can. :(
64FLH
Bikes: 1964 FLH

Post by 64FLH »

'64 Pan, don't feel bad... A few months back, I got a pair of outside oiler heads from eBay -- I believe from this seller. They were in wonderful shape. A little wear on the front exhaust spigot and thats it. Even came with rockers, studs, D-rings and aluminum pans. I've got these mothballed sitting on a shelf next to another pair of minty '64 outside oiler heads. Can't have too many heads....
CaptMike
Bikes: 1998 Roadglide, 1957 FLH

Post by CaptMike »

Good ol' ebay.

I just bought a set of "GENUINE Harley" 1957 gas tank emblems. When they arrived they were "GENUINE Taiwan Teds" 1957 Emblems (and I'm Pissed about it).

I have bought a lot of parts off ebay. For some of us, that's the Only parts source other than Cheap Azz Chinese Motorcycle Parts (from J&P or?).

Did anyone catch the '48 Pan engine that just sold?
cdndewey
Bikes: 42 WLC, 47 EL, 53 FLE, 62 FL, 78 FLH

Post by cdndewey »

Living on an island I have little resources to buy and sell parts so I use E-Bay and other computer sites. I have to consider ferry costs and travel time, possible hotel accommodation etc, to get to swap meets so bidding online is an great option. As for how much you pay....how bad do you need or want it, and what's in your budget.
dbanana
Bikes: HD

Post by dbanana »

The seller in this auction always gets top dollar for his parts......anything I have bought (paid too much for) from him were very nice original parts.....and I have been very pleased with the transactions.

Some do not have the luxury of being able to go to swap meets and dig through milk crates for their parts.....and calling someone insane and lazy because of this is not necessary.

IMO.......what someone else pays for their parts is their own business.
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

I am another who does most of his shopping on eBay. Time, money and distance preclude being able to attend meets even if there was something within reach (1200 mi to Davenport, over 2000 to Eustis, 2000 to Oley, even 400 to Denver!) So folks don't have the luxury of "digging through boxes" living in these areas. But I also find that eBay is full of good deals and honest sellers. It only requires common sense and knowledge of what you are looking for! The same traits needed for swap meets as well where many also spend too much or buy wrong stuff! And if people choose to waste their money, who really cares! Not me.
Robbie
Pomike
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Post by Pomike »

I guess I must be an idiot, too. I have bought used, and NOS seat mounting parts here and there, and from Old Dude, etc. That price is really not that far from what I paid. The RIGHT ones are kind of hard to find. I somethimes wonder if it makes any sense to continue in this lifestyle hobby, with the limited income like mine. Everyday, I just have to weigh how much I need or want something. There are parts I would like to have for spares, that I have watched for years, and I still refuse to pay what someone wants. We'll see who blinks first! Mike
1950Panhead
Bikes: 1950Panhead

Post by 1950Panhead »

These come in two hole and three hole varities.
Another auction of extraordinary value ...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290676559358?ss ... 1436.l2648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
100_0710.jpg
100_0710.jpg (259.66 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Last edited by 1950Panhead on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
51Hog
Bikes: 1951 Fl

Post by 51Hog »

Speaking of buddy seat clips,
Does anyone have a good pair of the thin spring steel part of the clips?
Mine broke last year.
We do not have the opportunity of going to swap meats up here.
I do like to look through milk crates too, but, 3000 miles away is a little far to travel.
Thanks.
Dale
Robert Luland
Bikes: 1922 J, 1922 JD, 1937 ULH, 1946FL 1948FL, 1957FL, 1960FLH, 1965XLCH, 1995 FLHT

Post by Robert Luland »

Guys ya got this all wrong. My point was how much was spent on an item that should cost on the average for a good set $60 bucks. The insanity of bidding it though the roof instead of being patient is ridicules lately. I buy shit on Fleese-Bay all the time. Nothing wrong with it. It's a good outlet but when you spend $200 clams for a set of buddy seat clips, you're a jack-ass. Unfortunately Fleese-Bay sales are setting the pricing standard and pushing your hobby though the roof. Bob L
Northman
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1958 FL,1958 FLH, 1964 FL

Post by Northman »

Robert,
I agree the shits gone crazy. Its not so bad if you pay top buck and get what you think your getting. I have been disapointed many times just by the lack of info provided in the condition area not to mention the seller has the oppertunity to to reply and be straight and they all of a suddon don't recall or some crap like that.

I sold something this fall and the bid got higher than what I would pay and I actually emailed the high bidder and told him he could re tract his bid, no issues. He didn't respond till the auction was over. I still refunded him some cash. I got an "okay" comment in feed back. wtf.

Growing up hangin around guys and bikes it wasn't about the money, hell if someone need something you gave it or traded it. I'm not saying everything for nothing and hurray for me but something has gone a stray. Thats my 2 cents.

Northman.
Pomike
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Post by Pomike »

I think Old Dude has the spring plates. Mike

Return to “eBay”