Another Sidecar Question - Interior

Chassis, frame, instruments, fenders etc.
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
thsmith

Another Sidecar Question - Interior

Post by thsmith »

I bet you guys will be glad when I finish my sidecar so all thew questions will stop.

Okay, this weeks questions are around interior. I know about the seats and side panels, the center mat and foot rest.

My question is what about the rest of the interior for the front, is it just bare or are there interior panels in the front section down the side.

I not received my L&W tub yet to know what it has. From what I can tell in pictures there looks like there may be a second layer of skin or panels for the interior.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Tracy
52EL

sidecar

Post by 52EL »

Just finished a 38 sidecar, tub was purchased from L&W. They just spot weld the tub together do your self a favor and go over the whole thing and weld the complete seam before any body work is to be done. Yes there will be body work the one we recieved was rippled on top and down the sides. Also the stop for the spare wheel had to be machined down to fit under the wheel and into the lug hole. On a better note after 6 weeks of messing with it its finally done and looks good!!! Good Luck...
thsmith

Post by thsmith »

Thanks 52EL. I will take that to mind when it gets here.

How did you finish out the interior, is a second skin for the inside ot just painted ? Trying to detrmine what was original.

I will have to wait on the spare tire and windshield. I can barely pay for the seat and body at this point.

Tracy

Return to “Chassis, Frame & Instruments”