Oil supply anti sump valve question

Knucklehead topics
kngkong
Bikes: '41 WL
'37 E

Oil supply anti sump valve question

Post by kngkong »

Hey,

I need to install an anti-sump valve as I'm not able to ride as often as I like. I've tried burnishing seats etc and until I have time to look into this further I would just like the ability to turn off the line.

I ordered a v3/8 valve but I guess there are a couple variables with what that means. The valve hole's interval diameter looks to be about 5/32" and I measure oil line ID as 19/64. I imagine this is not ideal. Just making sure as it's a nice small valve.

I have been pointed to this one in the past but they dont ship to New Zealand. Wondering what the ID of this is.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113920989425?h ... Sw8oJd3sfp
Anyone have another good source for something small and looks appropriate?

Just making sure I'm not missing some theory of fluid dynamics where the ID doesn't matter regarding flow.

Thanks for the help.
Excalibur
Bikes: '61 Pan
'83 FXWG
'74 T150
'41 Indian, '29Norton
'25 HD
'13 JAP
'12 BSA,
'11&'12 NH
'08 Triumph

Re: Oil supply anti sump valve question

Post by Excalibur »

Sorry you've had no response to your thread but anyway my thought is to use a ball valve rather than your proposition. There's a big variety of these nowadays with decent bore size and not too bulky. I too would rather fix the cause but at least you'll have an oil light to alert you...

The wet sumping issue has a number of threads on this forum talking about causes, solutions, etc...
kngkong
Bikes: '41 WL
'37 E

Re: Oil supply anti sump valve question

Post by kngkong »

Thanks Excalibur. I’ll look into the ball valves.

Return to “Knucklehead”