What year is this Knuckle frame? What's it worth?

Knucklehead topics
PanHunter
Bikes: 1949 panhead

What year is this Knuckle frame? What's it worth?

Post by PanHunter »

Hey there, First off I know this frame is pretty hammered. Been saving it for a few years to restore with the hopes of someday owning a knuckle but things are happening and I need to sell it. If anyone could help me out with what year this frame is and maby a rough idea on what its worth that would be great. Much appreciated.

free image hosting for websites
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: What year is this Knuckle frame? What's it worth?

Post by RUBONE »

The number stamped into the casting at the seat post indicates it was sent to H-D for repair/recondition so likely in a crash in a previous life. I've had a coupe repaired that were in far better condition and the cost of repair is a bit staggering. I'm not going to try and guess the year as too much info is missing. It may be of interest to a chopper guy but for restoration it is a bit far gone. My guess on repair is 5K plus. Which puts the base value really low.
I am hoping to send this one off for repair and only paid $600 for it and most of the castings are untouched.
I'd say between $500-900, but I wouldn't even be interested for a restoration.
Attachments
DCP_3847.JPG
DCP_3847.JPG (64.87 KiB) Viewed 623 times
PanHunter
Bikes: 1949 panhead

Re: What year is this Knuckle frame? What's it worth?

Post by PanHunter »

I should have clarified, I was thinking not a correct restoration but a good chopper frame thats not done super janky and back to stock dementions. Thanks for the help. that frame you got seems like a score! Ill guess ill throw it up on the good ole ebay and see if she gets any bites. Thanks for the help

Return to “Knucklehead”