Paugho 45 build

All flathead topics
Mongrel505558
Bikes: Rigid Panhead bobber, 68 Shovelhead, 2000 Road King Police bike, 2000 Dyna Wide Glide

Re: Paugho 45 build

Post by Mongrel505558 »

My experience with Mikuni carbs is they are more complicated to set up properly than butterfly carbs and my old bikes run very well with butterfly carbs. But people do really like their Mikunis, so I must have missed something. Maybe it's because the one I had was a complete mismatch for the motor someone installed it on (750 Commando with aftermarket 2-into-1 intake manifold) and there were a lot of parts to chase down just to experiment. I ended of having the two original Amals sleeved and it ran perfectly from then on.
nanonevol
Bikes: 1960 Servi Car, 1967 Triumph Custom (2), 1966 BSA A-65, Indian ME-125

Re: Paugho 45 build

Post by nanonevol »

RooDog wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:06 pm Do you have this information?

https://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf
Thanks, yes and a few other Victory Library titles. Also a Sudco catalog w/ Mikuni parts. They do have lots of jets, slides and needles to choose from. They’re kind of clunky looking but I like my “Mickey-Rooney” carb.

I had 2 on a Triumph choppa I used to have and tried 3d printing a copy of an aftermarket upgrade, Thunder Products UFO, that fills in the negative space in the throttle slide. Tricky project and the only thing I ever tried 3d. Used a machine at my towns library. Might revisit that project some day as I never did get it the right shape. Stuffing some JB Weld in there would be a whole lot simpler! Need to revisit jetting after install of UFO.

Return to “Flathead and Servi-Car”