43F Knucklehead

Knucklehead topics
1950Panhead
Bikes: 1950Panhead

Re: 43F Knucklehead

Post by 1950Panhead »

I was at the auction. Some people have more money than brains. A lot of bad vins on the Harley’s for example both 43’s had bogus numbers the 41 Knucklehead TA had one of the worst number jobs on it. It’s sad
I thought that all exhibited vehicles are somewhat ligid ! At least potential buyers are told that this or that vehicle is not intended for public road use. Holy crap
So what happens when the new owner finds out the bike he bought has restamped vins or reproduction parts ?
Will he sure Mecum and the seller ?
Mecum and seller will say sold "as is".
Will the new owner prevail in court or was it a bad day in Vegas ?
Jdiesel25
Bikes: Knuckleheads

Post by Jdiesel25 »

No idea how that goes but it’s a shame people paid that kind of money for a fraudulent bike
droptopford
Bikes: ...
48 EL
57 FLH
78 FLH
86 FXST
98 ROAD KING
66 Honda CL 160 Scrambler

Post by droptopford »

I doubt that the buyers have any legal recourse. Items are auctioned with the understanding that items are sold 'as is' and sales are final.

Not a lot of sympathy here though. If you have that kind of money but don't or won't take the time and effort to educate yourself, or at the least, pay someone who is educated to act as your advisor, you deserve what you get.

In some ways, the buyers should consider themselves lucky. Wasn't all that long ago they'd have stood a good chance of having those bikes confiscated and destroyed. Well, if they were average Joe's anyway. If you have enough money, you can probably make those problems go away.

Return to “Knucklehead”