Can someone tell me

All flathead topics
Goat
Bikes: 42 WLA,59 FLH,69 FLH,95 flhrk, 52 "G", 74 FLH, 2014 Indian Vintage, another 42 WLA,

Can someone tell me

Post by Goat »

How to reduce my pictures so I can get them on here??
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Re: Can someone tell me

Post by panhead »

flatheadDave
Bikes: 1948 G 45", 1969 FLH, 1963 FLH, 1965 FLH

Post by flatheadDave »

Goat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:42 am How to reduce my pictures so I can get them on here??
If your using an iPhone, theres an app called Resize It, that I use specifically for this sire
Goat
Bikes: 42 WLA,59 FLH,69 FLH,95 flhrk, 52 "G", 74 FLH, 2014 Indian Vintage, another 42 WLA,

Re: Thanks but........

Post by Goat »

Thank you. But I am using a laptop, do you have any suggestions? I am damn near computer illiterate .
nifty
Bikes: 68 FL

Post by nifty »

Goat,
If you are using MS windows
Get your image open on screen, move cursor over image and then right click
An option box will appear, move cursor over “Resize” and then left click
A “Resize Image” box will appear, move cursor over “M” and left click (Medium resize, useful to look at, easily emailable, but will pixelate if you zoom in)
A “save as” box will appear, I suggest add rsz to original file name (coz your computer won’t allow 2 files with same name and you might want to save both lg & sml files)
Below the file name is “file type” line, if it doesn’t say jpg or similar, you might want to move cursor to line and then right click, new option box appears, in options find jpeg, jpg, or similar and left click.
When you are happy with name & file type, look to left side for destination list, you might want to move cursor to “desktop” in list and then left click to highlight “desktop”. When you are happy move cursor to “save” box and then left click.
Minimise everything until you see your laptop desktop, locate your new resized image icon, but don’t open, you might want to drag new icon to edge, or corner of desktop so you can easily find it.
Go to hydraglide forum and log-in, commence your new post or reply, when forum text box appears, manipulate screen size of forum so you can also see your resized image icon on desktop
Move cursor over new icon, left click and drag icon into forum text box, release left click will drop a copy of new image file into forum, but you won’t immediately see it.
Scroll down below forum text box and you will see your image file name, this means all good (so far).
To the right of image file name is another small box, you can move cursor here and left click, then type a descriptive message relating to image which will appear with image.
You can repeat above and load multiple images and descriptions
When your images are good, scroll back up to text box and type your post text (we know you can do that)
Look everything over, make any changes, when good, move cursor to “preview” and left click, in a few moments a preview of final post will appear, your images and short descriptive texts will be below your main text DO NOT HIT SUBMIT YET
If you have taken a while to compose post, use cursor to select all text and type Ctrl s, this will save your text in laptop RAM. Now move cursor to submit and left click, if you are still logged in you have successfully posted, congratulations!
But if your log-in has timed out, your text and attached images will be instantly and permanently lost.
Alternately you can use the forum “save as draft” function, but it does not save attachments
Either way you save, at least you don’t have to re-type your main text, but you will have to reload resized images and re-type descriptive text.
From bitter experience I create longer post texts as separate “Word” docs, edit and when happy cut & paste text to forum
When you are all done, don't forget to properly file your resized images so you don't clutter up desktop.
I hope I haven’t led you astray, I’m not much better than computer illiterate, Good Luck.
Nifty
Goat

Post by Goat »

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I certainly appreciate this.

Return to “Flathead and Servi-Car”