'41 Police Fender Placcard

All flathead topics
bianese
Bikes: Lots of BTSVs

'41 Police Fender Placcard

Post by bianese »

Trying to find a front fender placcard for a '41ULH. I have a repop that is totally the wrong shape and several pics of the correct shape on bikes. OEM would be great, I would take a repop if need be for now. Any help finding one now so I can drill the front fender holes for it. Also, I have not found rightside shift parts in my manuals, spare parts books, or anywhere else. Surely all the parts were catalouged and have part#s. TIA Seadub
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: '41 Police Fender Placcard

Post by RUBONE »

There are two different styles of the police plate. Depending on department either may appear in '41 although the new style appeared in '40. All the shifter parts are in the parts books.

https://www.hydra-glide.net/kb/parts/41 ... 54_075.php

bianese

Post by bianese »

I found it in my spares book and definately not w/the left-handed parts but over by itself w/the transmission parts. Great. Can you give me any info on where the placcards came from and if the MOCO ever put them on bikes at the assembly level? If they did not, I will forgo this piece as the restoration I am doing ends where the bike was delivered to the dealer from HD. I have the order form and there is no mention of the placcard I don't think. Will look again closer. If I need one, it will be the style most common to the various '41 pics, the one you show w/1944 on it. As always, much appreciated! Seadub
RUBONE

Post by RUBONE »

The police plate was a factory installed item when ordered with a new unit. Read the police section, '41 was the same as were all years.

bianese

Post by bianese »

I see where Harry wrote is several requested add-ons and the police plate was ordered from the factory. I need one in the correct style for '41. Did the factory make them or were they supplied by an outside source? Have they been re-popped and if so, who sells them? I would prefer an OEM plate if anybody has one they would sell. As always, much appreciated! Seadub
RUBONE

Post by RUBONE »

Return to “Flathead and Servi-Car”