I'm looking for forum for my 1991 FXSTS

I'm looking for a forum that I can ask questions about working on my 1991 FXSTS Springer.

Topics on all other models that fit in no other section
neilw
Bikes: 1995 Roadking(still brand new)
1991 HD springer
1959 pan (I'm reassembling)
1991 BMW 75RT.

I'm looking for forum for my 1991 FXSTS

Post by neilw »

I ask questions about my 1959 FLH I am very slowly re assembling .
I recently started riding my 1991 FXSTS springer after leaving it parked for 5 years.

I bought it in 1996 from the insurance , it had been in a fire and I striped it down and sent the parts out for re chroming and paint and all that stuff.
I changed the cam and a few things over the years.
I just started thinking of working in it again ,and looked for a forum that I could join to ask questions on .

For instance I was wondering how to change the rear belt drive . All I found was a video on changing a 2019 , a fairly easy job, but not on mine ,where you have to remove the soft tail. Which my HD book says to do . I asked around and yep HD is correct ,it isn't the same as the newer models .
SO , I am wondering if there are any forums for those old 1990 bikes .
I could probably ask on here ,but I feel out of place ,and since there is no Evo heading there would be more people on a forum dedicated to the years that my bike is.
nmaineron
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1995 fxsts,1963 fl project in progress

Re: I'm looking for forum for my 1991 FXSTS

Post by nmaineron »

Have no fear Neal, I also own a FXSTS. I've had a few actually and my present ride is a 95. I don't know everything but I've been all over them. I'll try and answer any of your questions if I know the answer. How bad was the bike burnt?
neilw
Bikes: 1995 Roadking(still brand new)
1991 HD springer
1959 pan (I'm reassembling)
1991 BMW 75RT.

Re: I'm looking for forum for my 1991 FXSTS

Post by neilw »

I guess I should have scrolled down on the "others forum"
Oh the 1991 FXST that I bought that had been burnt , was back in 1995, I long since have replaved all the burnt stuff and had it re chromed ,and have ridden it since 1996.
I left it in the garage for the last few years, and just a few weeks ago started ridding again . Surprising how fast I forgot things , even how to change oil .( I had my memory refreshed on you tube ) .
I'm just thinking I'll be working on it again , and since the pan forum is so full of knowledge ,I thought I find an evo forum .
Thanks Neal

Here's my 1991 FXSTS that made it half way across the river , It's sitting there drying out from the heat from the eng .
Attachments
cel phone 002.jpg
cel phone 002.jpg (132.84 KiB) Viewed 826 times

Return to “Other models”