trans adjusting kit

kilroy
Bikes: 1957 panshovel

trans adjusting kit

Post by kilroy »

Working on setting up my 4 speed belt drive and I picked up this v twin trans adjustment kit. I just cant seem to figure out how to mount it! Nothing is sitting right and I'm not sure what the issue is. I have an early style trans plate on a 48 frame. I would love to see pictures of this kit on someones plate. I couldnt find anything in my searches.
6200250_A.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: trans adjusting kit

Post by RUBONE »

That kit is to make an E-Start type case adjust like an earlier one. If your tranny has a stock adjuster bolt location that kit wont work.
Basically the shorter plate bolts on the back of the tranny plate with the open side of the U on the right and facing up. The long bracket goes on the two studs under the plate on the right with the threaded hole pointing at the U portion of the other plate. The bolt threads into the threaded hole in the long plate and the head and upper portion sitting in the U. Then it adjusts like an early box.
blewcrab
Bikes: 65FL and 2003 heritage

Post by blewcrab »

Rubone ... I use the estart tranny , and tried the adjuster that was pictured . the estart tranny is basically un adjustable [ about 1/8 inch each way ]the primary tabs don't allow any movement . this makes it tuff to install belt drive and tin primarys [as I found out ] the chain adjustment on estart trannys is mounted on the inner primary .
kilroy

Post by kilroy »

That makes since because the small bracket sits too far off my trans plate to hold the bolt in place correctly and the long bracket lines up with my ratchet top transmission mounting bolts but is obstructed by the transmission's shape. I guess its claim of being "36-64" got the best of me. Thanks guys. Any recommendations on adjusters?
RUBONE

Post by RUBONE »

Kilroy, How about a picture or two of what you have. If the case is blocking the adjuster bracket then you probably have a place for the stock factory adjuster. But you aren't very clear on what you have.

Blewcrab, An Estart tranny used with tin inner and outer will adjust just fine with one of those brackets in a rigid frame, that is what the kit is for. In a swingarm frame the ears will indeed hit the frame.
Buddhahoodvatoloco
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1969 FLF
1937 EL
1940 U

Post by Buddhahoodvatoloco »

picture,
maybe this will help.
that trans adjustment looks a bit thin..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kilroy

Post by kilroy »

I was able to redrill the holes and use the kit i purchased. Thanks for the picture buddha! I appreciate the help guys.
Buddhahoodvatoloco
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1969 FLF
1937 EL
1940 U

Post by Buddhahoodvatoloco »

De nada Kilroy, my blessing.
RUBONE

Post by RUBONE »

The bracket on Vatolocos is mounted wrong. it goes on TOP of the plate so the bolt snugs down in it.

Return to “Transmission, Starter & Shifting”