Manifold

S&S carburetor isues
restless
Bikes: 1960 FL pan

Manifold

Post by restless »

Hi can some one please tell me what adapter will go from linkert to S+S E Carb I no there is a complete manifold but I am wondering if any of the other carb adapters such as Bendix has the will go from linkert to e carb .
Thanks Bill
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Re: Manifold

Post by Bigincher »

I do not know of an S&S adapter. You can make a Bendix adapter work by elongating the holes to fit S&S, but the bore of the adapter is smaller ID than the S&S throat. If you're determined to use the S&S carb, your best option is to use the S&S manifold.
thebeast
Bikes: 1949 FL
2002 FLSTC

Post by thebeast »

restless
I currently have a Bendix with an adapter on a plumber intake. Seems like my options to switch to an S&S or possibly a later CV carburetor are limited and Bigincher's method is the only solution I've found. Give a shout if you hear of any other fix.
Thanks, James
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

I am currently using a bendix manifold/as said the bore is smaller//what I did was taper it slightly in a lathe to open it up more closely to the S&S bore.If you do use a S&S manifold ,you will find that the clamps will tend to ride in-thus loosing your seal.In the K-Base are solutions for this problem,Also use the stock clamps/S&S are wider & dont have the taper in the bolt/making for a PITA for a leak-free manifold while bubble-testing.--Respectfully---Richie

Return to “S&S”