'25 HD
'13 JAP
'12 BSA,
'11&'12 NH
'08 Triumph

Jp store user account, strange goings on

Post by Excalibur »

Hi, this may be a long shot but here goes,

I'm having strange issues with my JP Cycles account and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same?
The first thing is my address book gets screwed up. The billing address gets populated by my shipping address, except address line 3 and the phone number. Worse than that is when my customer number randomly changes so I lose order status, history, gold club, etc. Strangely the wishlist is still there. Whacky is it not?
It's been fixed 2 or 3 times by customer support but the repair doesn't last. The suggestion reason was because I changed an address at the checkout or I didn't log in. I don't think these can be the case and now I'm taking screenshots of settings for reference.
Part of the problem might be that I have a NZ billing address and a Portland, Oregon shipping address. So I'm hoping that someone has seen/heard of the account behavior before. Indeed my son complained recently of similar issues with duplicated Summit Racing accounts..

Currently I'm locked out of my correct JP account so I'm looking for solutions to stop my account going haywire. The last fix lasted just 6 hours before the address book antics, then the customer number/account crapped out the following day. :shock: :evil: I think that makes 4 customer numbers now!

Thanks
mr. z
Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN

Re: Jp store user account, strange goings on

Post by mr. z »

My last order with them they charged sales tax. They are in Iowa, I'm in Cali, so whats up with that?

Couldn't say why they keep screwing up your shipping details, but after 22 years of buying through them, I'm now looking for other alternatives.

It seems the bigger a company gets, the stupider it becomes, and their prices really have become lousy too. My last order was an SU Eliminater carb rebuild kit, $55 for the kit, a $9.95 for shipping and then for some reason the chickenshit sale tax. Its just not worth it, from now on I'm just gonna have my indie shop order stuff directly from the manufacture...
59Panman
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1959 Panhead FLH

Post by 59Panman »

I would call them to order your parts and then give them your credit card number. Just avoid ordering online.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

EXCALIBER---Good to hear from you/wish it was under better circumstances.JP-CYCLE is good for bying Tires/Boxes of guides,valve seals by the 100/BUT as far as anything like a Timken kit for your cases/or oilpump Parts--Its really not the place.YES they have the stuff/BUT you never know whats in the box.I once ordered guides for my pan & got 3-Rowe for pan at .008+--& 1 guide for a knucklehead.I dont know why & wasent about to wait again for a delivery ,so I just chucked it up in my lathe & made it fit.If you need to stock-up with filters & shit like that There good/as they have Tons of it!.Again that Tonage gives them a problem I truly believe!I have heard of some nightmares coming from them.I much rather go to 45-depot/Old Dude/Booth & places like that.As your chances for scoring OEM parts are good & if they dont have what you need /They know who & where & you end-up getting what you want.Its something that JP just dont have----Common Sense & Courtesy!.I know guys that REFUSE to buy a sparkplug from them!/REALLY.They got HUGE as somebody mentioned/& Management has not caught-up yet!.---Those parts you get that you didnt order /are MISLABLED & the guns read them codes as something else.Also to keep losing a Standard Membership 6-times/I mean WTF?-Right?--Its a perfect place for a Visa-Gold Biker & ol-Lady to shop!-A Mall or whatever they call it these days.----Respectfully----Richie
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

I like the Jay Pee catalogs. I take them camping, and the are great for getting a fire started.
Also, when you have to go behind a log, the thickness of the paper is strong enough that your finger won't go through it as you wipe.
And that's the best things I can say about Jay Pee.
mr. z
Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN

Post by mr. z »

Thats the best laugh I've had all week!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Post by George Greer »

I won't buy dittly squat from them.........

If I am going to spend my hard earned money with them, order part, and then get the incorrect part from them AFTER I call the "tech-department" to make sure, and they tell me it's correct...........then get a incorrect part, then call them back and ask what to do to correct the mistake.

THEN get a smartass answer from the "tech-department"... the response goes like this:

Anyone smart enough to use a multimeter should be able to make it work... I won't ever forget that.

Fukc them.

My experience..
Excalibur
Bikes: '61 Pan
'83 FXWG
'74 T150
'41 Indian, '29Norton
'25 HD
'13 JAP
'12 BSA,
'11&'12 NH
'08 Triumph

Post by Excalibur »

Thanks for thoughts.

OK, it seems my experience is an unusual one. I'll be contacting JP & reporting the problem. I'll compile the details with screenshots in the hope a solution can be found. Else I'll just have to order by email

Aside from the strange account thing, I've had satisfactory results with buying from JP. They've got out of stock parts in good time. Everything ordered is present and correct. Dispatch is efficient. And they did sell me STD heads at a slightly better shipped price than the manufacturer.
My latest shipment is Kibblewhite Black Diamond valves and guides. Jp sold me these at about 1/3 the price of me buying local.

Actually I'd like to know more about other alternative parts suppliers. They don't have to ship international either as I have a freight consolidator in Portland. Typically they are 30% -50% the freight cost of suppliers shipping direct to NZ.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”