Floor board mount tab locations

docmel

Floor board mount tab locations

Post by docmel »

Hello. My floor board tabs have been removed

Could someone post a quick pic of at least one side of where the floor board mount tabs are located. Either a pre-swing arm or swing arm frame is OK.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Re: Floor board mount tab locations

Post by 58flh »

Here are a few frim my 49-rigid frame/She was still a little warm frim our 5AM-Ride down the shore for Breakfast!///We get out on the parkway early EVERYDAY & put about 200-miles Both ways & weather permitting!.Besides Theres Minimal cages out & with drumbrakes we have a real good time WFO/Between State plolice commands.The best way to look at these is from bottom to up.That bottom & up is the Rightside tabmounts./The others I dont have to explain..IF you need Measurements/You can find them on this site /Just hunt around & ask.---Respectfully----Richie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

If you're trying to accurately locate replacement studs for welding on, you will need accurate measurements, and also the angle of the tab. They are a different angle, left side vs. right side. V-Twin sells a replacement tab that is not exactly correct, but fairly close and good enough for most people.
Have you looked at the frame blueprint to see if that information is legible?
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Docml---Like I said these are just pics./& As another put it//YOU NEED to look-up the CORRECT DIMENTIONS & ANGLE.For me to give you all that ,I would have unbolt both sides of my bike :lol: .I believe I said theres a PDF that has the measurements you need!-On this Forum.IF not You can Google it & see what comes at You in cyberspace.----Respectfully---Richie
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

Interestingly, the tabs shown in Richie's first photo, and also the last photo- are not factory footboard tabs. I looked at them a long time, and I just don't see OE mount castings there.
Compare them to photos on the net of replacement footboard tabs.

Docmel, there is an old copy of the 1948 wishbone frame that's been kicking around forever, I'm presuming a copy of it is in the knowledge base here.
Most of the numbers on it are illegible, but you can make out a lot of them.
There is also a blueprint available from the Chopper Builder's Handbook. It shows more clearly the location of the foot board tabs. If you'd like a copy of that, PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.
And in the end, when you have the replacement tabs in hand and ready to tack in place, I can measure one of my frames for you to finalize the locations.
Hop Up
Bikes: 57 FLH

Post by Hop Up »

I think the only way to get the tabs welded so that the foot boards can be installed is to buy the foot boards and the correct brackets for them. Install them and find the right place for the tabs that way. Thats how I did it.
Of course I wasn*t able to weld the upper seam with the engine on the frame. I think it is strong enough without it, but I will weld it all the way around some day if I have to take the engine off the frame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hawgtrough
Bikes: 53 fl 79 fxs 90 flhtc 96 flhtcu

Post by Hawgtrough »

[flash=]i[/flash]
Bigincher wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:40 pm Interestingly, the tabs shown in Richie's first photo, and also the last photo- are not factory footboard tabs. I looked at them a long time, and I just don't see OE mount castings there.
Compare them to photos on the net of replacement footboard tabs.

Docmel, there is an old copy of the 1948 wishbone frame that's been kicking around forever, I'm presuming a copy of it is in the knowledge base here.
Most of the numbers on it are illegible, but you can make out a lot of them.
There is also a blueprint available from the Chopper Builder's Handbook. It shows more clearly the location of the foot board tabs. If you'd like a copy of that, PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.
And in the end, when you have the replacement tabs in hand and ready to tack in place, I can measure one of my frames for you to finalize the locations.
I would like a copy of location of floor board tabs kenny.kw508@gmail.com thanks in advance
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Post by panhead »

Looking for this picture?

Return to “Frame & Fittings”