Back after 8 years

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
docmel

Back after 8 years

Post by docmel »

Hello: Im back after about a 8 year absence. The sandbox took most of the first four years, then I sold my last Pan shortly after I got back after my last tour. I knew that was a mistake when I sold it, but I wasn't riding anymore while trying to spend more time with my family when I was back CONUS.

But now I have plenty of time and I recently scored a 60FL engine and tranny. So I'm building again. Over the years, after building a 57, 61, 54 , and a 42 WLA, I am motivated again to get another Pan on the road. I'm fortunate as I have squirreled away many rolling chassis type parts over the years, so I guess its time to us 'em

What I have noticed since my haitus is that ebay for used parts has really gone over the edge since I last used it for used parts. To be expected I guess. Its like the classic car scene. But there are still good scores to be found on ebay

Anyways, good to be back, and Im sure Ill be posting again in the near future
1962FLH
Bikes: 1945EL project
1962FLH
1974FLH

Re: Back after 8 years

Post by 1962FLH »

Welcome back!
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Re: Back after 8 years

Post by Bigincher »

Welcome back, and thank-you for your service.
You're right, eBay has changed a lot over the years. Still a good source for parts, but you have to be patient and look the parts over closely. Seems like the quality is less and less, while the price for good stuff is through the roof.
Looking forward to seeing your '60 on the road.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”