Gary Bang seals

Transmission, clutch, chains and belts
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
bookn

Gary Bang seals

Post by bookn »

Description: Anybody out there know of a source for the GB 4speed transmission mainshaft seals?

Post by bookn on Sept 5, 2005, 4:47pm

Anybody out there know of a source for the GB 4speed transmission mainshaft seals? These are the leather not the dual lip seal. Thanks.

Post by Mbskeam on Sept 5, 2005, 6:29pm

hello,
is GB stuff still made?LOL
the only time I find GB is at the swap meets in boxes of old parts ;D
why do you want a leather seal in stead of the dual liped one?
I see you hail from the lovely liberal state of wa, where ya at?

mbskeam

washington state motto: enact all laws to protect the STUPID

Post by matco on Sept 5, 2005, 9:16pm

GB gasket set. 36-64 bt. v-twin part # 15-0608 list $24. not sure what the seal is made of, see you v-twin dealer for details.

Post by bookn on Sept 5, 2005, 10:40pm

Thanks for the replys. I've had better luck with the leather seals (sold under the Gary Bang name) they lasted between rebuilds longer; ran out of my old stock and haven't been able to find anymore. Yeah I know that GB isn't selling any new stuff but I thought that you fellows might know of a secret stash.

Washington; where liberals never found a law they didn't like.

Except for my stint in the Army I've lived on Whidbey all my life (since 1955).

Post by panfreak on Sept 9, 2005, 6:04pm

Sorry to get off topic, but I tracked my pan registration to Oak harbour in the early 80's. Isn't that on Whidbey Island? I live across the water on Vancouver Island, and I would love to find a previous owner.

Post by Jack Hester on Sept 9, 2005, 8:09pm

Bookn -

Check with NOSparts in Ohio. They have had leather seals, though not under GB name. GB didn't make them anyway. But, theirs were the same quality as the OEM leather seals. Truth be known, they may be OEM. If you can't find leather, try the double-lip rubber seals. They will give the same good service.

Jack

Post by bookn on Oct 1, 2005, 3:33pm

Thanks for the reply Jack, I purchased the double-lip seal and installed it, it works fine. Derek.

Return to “Transmission, Clutch, Belt & Chains”