Inactive member
Bikes: 1957 Hydra Glide
1997 XL Chopper
2014 Street Glide
2014 Stage 4 Ultra Limited

help on case identification

Post by Flashback »

Hey guys,

I picked up a basket engine for parts and it has cases with a number set I have never seen before. instead of year/model then number like harley cases (56FLXXXXXXX) the numbers on this are DRFXXXXXXX
Anyone have any info on the manufacturer of these? Thanks

Flash
VPH-D

Re: help on case identification

Post by VPH-D »

A picture would help. State issued builders title often have the state's name abbreviated, such as CO, CA, OR IL. DRF could even be somebody's initials.
VPH-D
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

DRF numbers are usually California issued. DRF= Department Registry File or something along those lines. They are common on ex police bikes and home built customs, however are frowned on in many other states. If you have a good title and they do not appear otherwise odd they should be fine for a rider.
Flashback
Inactive member
Bikes: 1957 Hydra Glide
1997 XL Chopper
2014 Street Glide
2014 Stage 4 Ultra Limited

Post by Flashback »

RUBONE wrote:DRF numbers are usually California issued. DRF= Department Registry File or something along those lines. They are common on ex police bikes and home built customs, however are frowned on in many other states. If you have a good title and they do not appear otherwise odd they should be fine for a rider.
Ok that makes sense.. It's a CA ex-police bike the title is good and already switched to me with no probs was just curious about the strange VIN.

Flash

Return to “Cases / Heads”