Buddy seat

tnovosad
Bikes: 1963 panhead FL Duo Glide

Buddy seat

Post by tnovosad »

Hi there, have a buddy seat. Looks like original leather, handrail not sure..stitched and riveted
Please disregard...
tnovosad

Re: Buddy seat

Post by tnovosad »

Hmmm... when i get the photos done I will repost this one...sorry guys

I have another Q:
oem: 24975-63 oil screen - is it important to just use this sized screen [is around 3/4 inch long], will using a longer screen, say 35mm have detremental effect on anything?

appreciate any feedback..
tnovosad

Post by tnovosad »

Pics attached, maybe is a stock buddy seat with spring kit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1950Panhead
Bikes: 1950Panhead

Post by 1950Panhead »

The tappet screen is a formed part, retrocycle.com has them if you need one.
Some added the skirt on your seat.
Jerry
BreakerJo
Bikes: Knuckleheads and Panheads

Post by BreakerJo »

For posterity, the subject cover, binding, binding rivets, and housing (aka skirt) do not appear to be original to the subject shell assembly or otherwise OEM.

The subject housing appears to be a custom leather reproduction of a January 14, 1965 or later type of vinyl OEM housing that attaches via screws, but the subject shell assembly was used with an earlier type of housing that attaches via tacks and sewing.

The subject shell assembly appears to be a type of OEM shell assembly that was used for some time in 1954CY-1964CY (inclusive) and appears to have been refinished. We may be able to significantly narrow down the production time frame if we could (a) read and decipher the steel date code stamp that is at least partially visible in the second photo, (b) see the mounting holes in the rear bracket (covered by mounting hardware in the photos), (c) see enough of the original yellow ink patent stamp to determine what type of stamp was used (likely covered up by repaint if it wasn’t already long gone when the shell assembly was refinished), or (d) see the original cover (replaced), the original binding (replaced), or the original housing, if any (replaced).

I don’t know if the subject rail is OEM or non-OEM, but it appears to be a 1965MY or later style.

Return to “Seat”