throttle cable for a cv carb

rick61
Bikes: 61 panhead
07 electraglide classic

throttle cable for a cv carb

Post by rick61 »

Putting a Kehin cv carb on my 61 pan and for some reason I am having a hard time finding a throttle cable. I nee a 35" cable with a 90 degree screw in end on the throttle grip side. My local shop and jp cycles keep trying to sell me the push in type. Just want to use a single pull cable. Didn't think this would be so hard. What kind of air cleaner backing plate do you use to mount a stock round air cleaner with a single center bolt? Also, I take it that you just plug the vaccum port on carb? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Re: throttle cable for a cv carb

Post by 58flh »

What KEHIEN?/--a pic. would help a lot here!-Also any aftermarket 5-inch round aircleaner can be made to work!--Again there are holes on certain models that you cant block with backingplate on the carb. Model# & a pic. will straighten you rite-up!---Check the K-BASE,-you may just hit the jackpot there!--Respectfully---Richie 8)
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Post by Panacea »

There are a lot of threads in the knowledge base if you want to do some reading just do a search...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9055&p=48491&hilit= ... arb#p48471
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Post by caschnd1 »

With the Keihin CV there are holes on the front of the carb that you don't want to block. Richie already mentioned that. I made my own custom backing plate. Then I used a K&N filter and an aftermarket cover. Later I switched to a small air cleaner from Lowbrow Customs.

You can order pretty much any cable you want from Barnett. They'll custom build them to your specs.

-Craig
Huck
Bikes: 58 hd
91 hd
09 custom

Post by Huck »

On Harley stuff 96 & up is push in. 95 back is screw in, but it makes a difference what you’re screwing it into.
Any air cleaner backing plate that matches the gasket for the front of your CV.
That port on the carb is for a vacuum operated switch operating a dual curve advance ignition.
Post a picture of your bike, if it doesn’t suck you may get some help. 8)
rick61
Bikes: 61 panhead
07 electraglide classic

Post by rick61 »

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I got called out of town unexpectedly. The numbers on a paper tag are 27039-09A and under that-0704. On the body is Y21A EJ23. I'll check out the k base and see what I can find. Not sure how to upload pictures yet. Thanks again.

Return to “Handlebars, Cables & Switches”