Another ebay special.

eBay posts
Hog54
Inactive member
Bikes: 1954 Panhead
1980 Lowrider

Another ebay special.

Post by Hog54 »

Its unbelievable what people post on ebay to sell and even more unbelievable what people bid on.When I first saw this wheel,I thought the price said $7.50.Does this guy really think this wheel is repairable?If I was walking through a junk yard and I seen this in a pile,it would still be there.Im no big welder,restorer, or metallurgist,but I know when something is beyond repair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120906039258?_t ... 97.c0.m619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Hog54 on Sat May 05, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HD48FL
Bikes: Yep

Re: Another ebay special.

Post by HD48FL »

Hog54 wrote:Its unbelievable what people post on ebay to sell and even more unbelievable what people bid on.
That's some sad shit!
Robert Luland
Bikes: 1922 J, 1922 JD, 1937 ULH, 1946FL 1948FL, 1957FL, 1960FLH, 1965XLCH, 1995 FLHT

Post by Robert Luland »

I think the only bidder is Grandpa himself!
mr. z
Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN

Post by mr. z »

this idiot is one of those goofs that think everything they have is solid gold.

Just look at his other crap for sale, and what its goin' for, old seat padding for $169.00? whatta dousche :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
UPSROD
Bikes: 58 FLH 65 FLH 81 FXB 04 FLHRSI

Post by UPSROD »

mr. z wrote:this idiot is one of those goofs that think everything they have is solid gold.

Just look at his other crap for sale, and what its goin' for, old seat padding for $169.00? whatta dousche :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Probably a car salesman in real life!
cdndewey
Bikes: 42 WLC, 47 EL, 53 FLE, 62 FL, 78 FLH

Post by cdndewey »

My guess is .....he really doesn't want to sell anything. It's not going to happen at those prices, that's for sure.
Hog54
Inactive member
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

Grandpa must of kept everything outside in a pile for 30 years.Check out the JD oil pump for $250.lol
mr. z
Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN

Post by mr. z »

Hog54 wrote:Grampa must of kept everything outside in a pile for 30 years.Check out the JD oil pump for $250.lol
Absolutly delusional, reminds me of the nos parts guy(not Tom, the other one) who has nice parts, buts nothing ever sells cuz of the ridiculously high pricing on everything he has. This guy doesn't even have anything nice :x
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Post by George Greer »

And to add..........(personal opinion mind ya..)

Anything in the ads that have:

WOW, SUPER FIND...WOW, SUPER FIND VERY RARE PART....RARE Item, Don't miss this!! Anything that has that kinda description in the title, to me is a turn off..........

Not to mention when you ask questions....either: 1. You don't get a reply 2. They are a asshole and show it in their reply. 3. I posted enough photos, it is up to YOU THE BUYER to know what your buying!

Lord forbid you let some of these sellers know that what they are listing is incorrect.

George
Hog54
Inactive member
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

Holy crap!If somebody could please explain to me what makes this rusty piece of crap worth $1259.00?If it was brand new in the box I wouldnt pay that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... true&rt=nc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mr. z

Post by mr. z »

Hog54 wrote:Holy crap!If somebody could please explain to me what makes this rusty piece of crap worth $1259.00?If it was brand new in the box I wouldnt pay that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... true&rt=nc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, whats sad is, some sucker actually thought it was worth paying that, which emboldens these ripoffs to persue more of them in the future. Any part is only worth what someone will pay for it, whether or not they know they are are gettin' screwed or not. Too bad
Hog54
Inactive member
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

What kills me the most is that isnt even a harley part.Its some aftermarket wheel that probably sold for $25 back in the day.
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

Wolfe made those wheels before H-D ever offered a 16" option. Some serious collector of early stuff wanted it bad. I don't see what all the whining is about with you guys. You weren't bidding on it so who cares what someone paid for it. And obviously the sellers are not as dumb as you would make them out to be. They are selling their parts while you guys are wasting time about stuff that doesn't matter one bit!
Lets try to keep this forum as it is intended. For helping each other keep old iron on the road. If only complaining about prices is your interest there are other sites you can post on.
Robbie
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Post by caschnd1 »

I don't understand all the objections either. This is how a free market economy works. Someone puts something up for sale and people bid against each other until the value of the item is determined.

A year ago I was at Deal's Gap at the North Carolina end of the Dragon. Out of the blue a guy offered me $1000 for the square tool box (the old knuck style) I have mounted on the sissy bar on my panhead. I thought about it for a bit but then ultimately said no thanks. I like my vintage parts so I'm not willing to part with them easily. So I guess on that day, the value of a vintage Knucklehead toolbox was >$1000. At the time I thought that was a rediculously high price, but I'm sentimental about my old bike and parts aren't for sale.

-Craig
1950Panhead
Bikes: 1950Panhead

Post by 1950Panhead »

Out of the blue a guy offered me $1000 for the square tool box
I thought about it for a bit but then ultimately said no thanks.
Are you an F22 pilot by any chance?
Just kidding.
Jerry

Return to “eBay”