S&S Super E clear vent line location

S&S carburetor isues
Mr Mach1
Bikes: 1949 Panhead

S&S Super E clear vent line location

Post by Mr Mach1 »

When I got the bike the vent line was wraped aroun the pushrod tube. I'd like run it up between the fuel tanks out of sight. Opinions?
Hog54
Inactive member
Bikes: 1954 Panhead
1980 Lowrider

Re: S&S Super E clear vent line location

Post by Hog54 »

They run them down behind the pushrod tubes and down the back of the engine for a reason.If your float gets stuck,fuel runs out of there.Its not just a vent,its an overflow too.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Re: S&S Super E clear vent line location

Post by 58flh »

This is the first year I am running the S&S-E,-my overflow is blocked-off,However I do not recomaend this as people do for get to shut-off pet-cocks & you have to work on the FLOAT & NEEDLE before even attempting this! REMEMBER a new E out of the BOX has ISSUES concerning the FLOAT!--NOT all have it! thats the problem,IF you really have even a hint of doubt DONT DO IT!--I have posted how I did it (FLOAT-ISSUES)& my petcock dont leak (trickle) if something was to happen. But I am very satisfied with how much better she inhales, Theres a row of MOUNTAINS a half hr. from me & a steep incline, Riding 2-up & gear I use to have to take 2nd..Now I took it in 3rd. WITH NO STRESS on the MOTOR!--I was looking to broaden my RPM range.I dont have a hot-rod its a 74-.030 over & 81/2 to 1 on the comp. Stock flh cam that I had regrounded to my specs. after many hours of crunchin numbers! Basically I went for a little more hangtime, & open pipes,I ride daily year round--this is all i ride so originality took a back seat for GET THERE & BACK! Thgose who know me here know thats it my only source of get around!-I cant insure a cage ,never mind fuelin it up!---ENUFF---GOOD-LUCK & WHEELS-UP-----RICHIE 8)

Return to “S&S”