Very nice 49 motor on ebay.

eBay posts
Hog54
Inactive member
Bikes: 1954 Panhead
1980 Lowrider

Very nice 49 motor on ebay.

Post by Hog54 »

I would pick it up in a second if I had the cash right now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-49-Har ... ae&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mr. z
Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN

Re: Very nice 49 motor on ebay.

Post by mr. z »

Eh, a tiny bit overpriced.

Ever notice that these guys always say that their motor is built by the "legendary"(fill in the blank)
that nobody else has heard of, 'cept for the locals?
Hog54
Inactive member
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

Yea I did notice that.:)The only problem I have with this motor, is that it looks like its put together nice but I have this pet peave about somebody using that red or orange gasket cement to put it together. :roll: And I dont think the price is that bad when you see non rebuilt ones on ebay getting $4000.
nmaineron
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1995 fxsts,1963 fl project in progress

Post by nmaineron »

I would much rather see stock components in my engine for that much dough.I have never used T&O wheels and I am sure they are good, but...I put a set of S&S in my 52 and regretted doing it right off the bat.I found them to be to light for my liking and felt that it took alot of "grunt" feel out of my engine.
KB65
Bikes: HD Pan - HD Shovel

Post by KB65 »

Anyone know where one can purchase the Skinny "D" rings for the Rocker covers shown in the first Engine post?
Hog54
Inactive member
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

KB65 wrote:Anyone know where one can purchase the Skinny "D" rings for the Rocker covers shown in the first Engine post?

Anybody sells them,vtwin,drag specialties,J&P.Its the 3 layer originals that are hard to get.
Hog54
Inactive member
1980 Lowrider

Post by Hog54 »

nmaineron wrote:I would much rather see stock components in my engine for that much dough.I have never used T&O wheels and I am sure they are good, but...I put a set of S&S in my 52 and regretted doing it right off the bat.I found them to be to light for my liking and felt that it took alot of "grunt" feel out of my engine.

Truett and Osborn sell replica flywheels that are the same size as stock.S&S flywheels are lighter and hence the always reving up all the time.
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

KB65 wrote:Anyone know where one can purchase the Skinny "D" rings for the Rocker covers shown in the first Engine post?
I see them at every swap meet I go to. A lot of guys used to take them off and put on the thick -55 style D-rings in an effort to stop oil leaks, presumably, so the thin ones aren't all that hard to find.
Factory finish is cadmium plating, not chrome like the ones in the eBay photo.
I may have a chrome set in my stash, if you're interested, please send me a PM and we'll talk about it.

Return to “eBay”