1963 Primary

big-boss
Bikes: 1963 Duo Glide

1963 Primary

Post by big-boss »

My 63 DuoGlide
1. Would it have had a "compensator" on the engine? This bike being a basket and the service manual being limited I cant seem to figure it out. The box has a compensator but it seem to be missing what it would need on the crankshaft to make it all fit. The crankshaft is straight splined.
2. How does the crank case breather connect to the case? Mine is the one that is about half dollar size on the case. Is that supposed to penetrate the case with some sort of seal?

Thanks again guys.
james
Bikes: 1952 FL
2020 Honda Super Cub

Re: !963 Primary

Post by james »

Send some pictures.
If your going to assemble a basket, you will need a good manual and a spare parts book.
Also recommend Palmers restoration book. The more factual material the better. Stay away from Clymers.

Jim
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

Most of the info you need is in the Documentation and Knowledge base sections (click on them on the top of the page) and some is downloadable as PDF files.

The compensator was part of the accessory packages and most stock bikes came with them.
The round breather disc is correct and has no seal against the case, however there is a rubber nipple that snaps on to it and extends into the primary and over the chain.
jerryd
Bikes: 58 FL, 74 Norton Commando, 70 T100R, 72 Yamaha 75, 65 Honda C65

Post by jerryd »

Does the rubber nipple fit on from the outside of the inner primary or on to something inside the inner primary? The parts book shows inside on but my miss matched 58 it is missing. thanks jerry
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

The nipple goes on the breather bolt and sits OUTSIDE the cover with the nipple pointing in through the hole. The cover is what actually holds it in place.
jerryd
Bikes: 58 FL, 74 Norton Commando, 70 T100R, 72 Yamaha 75, 65 Honda C65

Post by jerryd »

Thankyou I have a new one in parts that came with this bike. Still finding my way around it.It started after four -five years in a shed and idled down O K , 2 weeks ago after I put dry plates in the clutch that came with it. waiting for a battery and will find some time soon to play again . meanwhile my other bikes are insured and distracting me with the better weather. This is a good site. jerry

Return to “Sprockets”