2 into one exhaust pipe on confused motor

Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
panevo1948
Bikes: a 48 pan crank with evo heads of a 55 frame and a springer front end

2 into one exhaust pipe on confused motor

Post by panevo1948 »

Ok so my bike has sways been confused it sits on a 96' softtail frame with an STD pan crankcase w/evo jugs and heads. The rest of the bike is mismatched parts mostly pan parts with a springer front end. I'm looking to put 2 into 1 exaust pipes on the old lady currently I'm running a set of drag pipes i welded up to fit the front down tube to the crimp pipe is 100% different Thant any pipe you could buy I'm thinking that I just buy the chrome 2 into one system for like. A 55 and keep my current down pipe and weld up a new rear one to match then cover them in that crome flex pipeing to hide my kinda ugly black panted welled down pipe. Dose any one know were to get some of that flex pipe a little longer than the stock lenth ones u can buy in j&p cycles catalog??

Just a back story so u folks arnt really confused. When I was 14 my father gave me the STD pan crank case and told me If I could build a bike out of it I could have it. Well even though he never thought I'd be able to I did. I scrownged every part and every penny under the sun to make something that works. hanging out in bike shops to learn how to do this and that and then going home and trying and failing and trying till I got i. Making the case able to accept the evo top end is alot of work and alot of detail but short story u have to weld up studd holes and oil passages and drill new ones and a few other things. Finished it by my 16th bday. It started out with a 55 pan frame but I broke my back in a few places shattered my leg and needed some joints replaced and I could no longer ride a hard tail so I picked up the 96 frame and switched it out and also set it up with a stick shift and a foot clutch because I can no longer lift my foot to upshift. Stepping on the clutch is easy lifting a shifter impossible. And that's how this bike came to be when
And that's why it's so confused. iv put over 80,000 miles on her sence I built her and last year i had a stud pull out of the crank case so I decided to do a ground up rebuild new paint new everything getting my rods and flys back from mechanist Friday so I can start re assembling.
panhead george
Bikes: "48 panhead,"06 streetglide,
"97 sportster

Re: 2 into one exhaust pipe on confused motor

Post by panhead george »

http://www.flexatube.com/flex.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

try these people as they advertize many different I.D."s. otherwise you can stack the flex tube for the Harleys and it really does not show that bad. And there is always heat wrap for race cars.

Good hunting !!
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

Flex pipe is (or was) commonly available from sources like NAPA. I used to buy it in long chunks, cut what I needed and then have it chromed. Same as the H-D flex pipe.
Pipe wrap has to be one of the worst travesties ever perpetrated on a motorcycle. Looks cheap and screams newbie/wannabe.
JMHO
Robbie
panhead george
"97 sportster

Post by panhead george »

Rubone, Not sure about it screaming newbie/wannabe. The look, age and demeanor of the rider might suggest that but it will hide the "black painted welded down pipe" that was referenced. I personally would not choose the heat wrap. Just giving options, as not all want the same as others.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Panhead George!---The header wrap does work!,--Remember In using this TEMPS WILL RISE at the heads spigot!!.Cast-iron heads or FULL RACE motors Benefit from this!,If yer 1/4 mile draggin Its a MUST!,--On the street it will bring unwanted MISERY!---You want to COOL the heads & pipe to stay close to SPEC. where it should be!.From Robbies post,-I got the message as -(dont ruin it,as you will benefit nothing for Hi-TEMPs & INSULATING it ,instead of COLLING the HOTTEST SPOT!)---Good-Luck--Respectfully Richie 8)
panhead george
"97 sportster

Post by panhead george »

Good point Richie and that just goes to show you can learn something new everyday. Not a Heat Wrap user myself but offered my suggestion as a possible cure. That is what I love about this sight, there are always more than a couple people who have "been there and done that" lookin' out after all of us. Again,Thanks for the heads up .

Return to “Exhaust”