Samwel v-tronic

All Panhead related discussions, questions etc.
Raytag
Bikes: 1951 FL

Re: Samwel v-tronic

Post by Raytag »

Never seen this unit before.

To be honest I re-read the instruction Ex posted 3x and didn`t understand. Without having the parts at hand mind you :oops:
Here you find another instructions of this unit.
Its in 5 languages and with this one I understood what`s this iggie all about :lol:
https://www.wwag.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects ... e=%2179654

First, I guess the rotor (which is a 2-part split piece) isn`t set between 10-20 degrees or the rotor is too close or too far away from the module.
Second personally I don`t believe it is a good idea to change the setting from 1-9 while it is running. To me it makes perfect sense that the engine is cutting out once you turn the dial

The above mentioned instructions do elaborate a lil more on troubleshooting

And you do have the corrcet rotor ? There are 2 different ones
Sarre
Bikes: 1950 HD FL customized
1971 Honda CB750 K0 chopped
2003 Buell XB12s tuned

Post by Sarre »

DaCs wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:12 am if I move to any of the maps (1-9) it stalls and turns off if I don't keep it speeding up, it only works on map 0, what could it be?
So it keeps running if you don't touch the module? Mine would also cut out after a while, and that most likely is the kickstart setting that stops (I believe this only applies to map 1 to 9 because map 0 does not have a kickstart setting).

Do you have any play in the circuit breaker? Up and down or lateral? From what I have gathered the up and down play is less a problem than the lateral play (source WWcycles Germany). Lateral play can be between the shaft and the bushings but also caused by the breaker plate that is placed (can float) on holder of the shaft that is bolted to the case.

@Raytag thanks for the picture of the rotors, how come we can't see through? I believe mine are open to be able to adjust the hight, see manual.
Raytag
Bikes: 1951 FL

Post by Raytag »

Sarre wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:19 pm
@Raytag thanks for the picture of the rotors, how come we can't see through? I believe mine are open to be able to adjust the hight, see manual.
I have the V-Tronic for the manual advance.
My pic shows both rotor for the manual advance.

The rotor for the automatic advance are completely different
Sarre
Bikes: 1950 HD FL customized
1971 Honda CB750 K0 chopped
2003 Buell XB12s tuned

Post by Sarre »

Raytag wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:28 am The rotor for the automatic advance are completely different
I have compared my bottom rotor (Samwell auto advance) to the two rotors you showed (the upper rotor is for the kickstart setting) and it is the same as the one on the righting the image, only then listed as 1948> by the manufacturer.

Return to “Panhead”