Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1955 FL
1967 FLH
2003 FLSTF Custom
Zuendapp Bella, Custom DKW etc.

Veterama 2022 Mannheim Germany

Post by hdmarkus »

Weekend 07-09. October 2022 the biggest European Oldtimer Market will start in Mannheim since 2 years of COVID restrictions. See you there!
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Re: Veterama 2022 Mannheim Germany

Post by George Greer »

Dang it.

I am going to have to wait till next year.

I usually go every year.

George
hdmarkus
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1955 FL
1967 FLH
2003 FLSTF Custom
Zuendapp Bella, Custom DKW etc.

Post by hdmarkus »

Shit !

because of a corona infection since Wednesday I can’t go there this year. I already had the tickets and had planned the visit for today. So I also have to wait until next year…….

Markus
Raytag
Bikes: 1951 FL

Post by Raytag »

I`ve been there on Saturday for the first time in 12 or 15 years.
Two buddies with zero background in wrenching but know how to appreciate fine vehicles, old stuff were came along.
We split at the entrance because my hunting ground was on the left of the site.
Well, both of them were having a grand day.

My list of 13 items left 12 unchecked :roll: I found an 13/16 open end spanner I need :lol:
Somewhat I anticipated it already but still I was surprised that there was so little OEM-stuff.
There was basically nothing pre-84 related
I searched every crate which was not tiring because there were only a few ... and I walked through the bike area twice
I didn`t dare to sit down for a few minutes for the fear of not being able to get up my butt again :x
I found one box with Linkert carbs
Few tin ware, few wheels, few shovel frames, few chopped am frames

Small items there was virtually nothing.
A couple of shovel project bikes, 2 knucks and 3 BT Flats hastingly assembled with left over parts acting as an eye catcher purposely oilstained and rusted :lol:
But tons of shiny am-products.

2 vendors for Indian stuff but with very very little stuff to be sold.
One nice complete Scout. One Scout used as a boat anchor for the last 80 years

I talked to a some private vendors about this and all of them wouldn`t carry ole stuff along anymore because the internet is so much easier for them.
I understand that.
The only pro-dealer with some interesting stuff was originals-only. German e-bayers may know him. He knows best what to display but I haven`t seen
anyone buying anything. Nicely arranged bolts, nuts and dozens of OEM-condenser ... but no pointer I guess his stand acted sorta promotion for his business.

On my second leg thru the bike area I also looked at the british and italian bike part vendors and apart from some nice complete bike, some unrestored ones, it was am-parts for the Brit-Bikes only.
Which is ok cause the parts situation for Brit-Bikes is dire for the last 40 years but I somewhat expected more than just one dealer for eg hot cams, quality repop tappet guides, stuff like this, you know.
The rest offered pistons handmade in Pakistan, cool jackets and some complete engines pre-40. Quite a few of them painted golden :?:
Maybe to be displayed in a bar on club premises , I don`t know.
I am not critizing this.
They are the Pro`s, they know best how to utilize this swap meet.

The private italo-bike and japanese bike vendor were quite plentyful but also hardly anything pre-90

I found one vendor only who sold predominantly parts for single big bore japanese engines which was always a big market in Europe.
The last time I was there it was lot different.

Lotsa vendors who are into carbs for japanese bikes though.

On the way back to the parking lot I watched leaving visitors and it surprised me that hardly anyone was carrying anything.
Yea sure, some of them were carrying backpacks but so did I: With a jacket and an empty water bottle inside.

Still, it was nice weather with decent temps and light traffic on the highway.

Ray

Return to “Meetings & Events”