Oil Line Shut-Off Valve

All Panhead related discussions, questions etc.
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Re: Oil Line Shut-Off Valve

Post by George Greer »

Buddhahoodvatoloco wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 pm Well did your Peek solve your problem..
George Greer wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:52 pm I don't know if this even works yet, but it is the pump that I am going to be using on my 58FL project. But it is a idea

I have made a "modified' check valve out of PEEK, and added a seal on the shaft by milling a recess pocket.

Here is the post:

Oil pump check valve.

As I now will be getting the frame registry number stamped on the frame on Monday, I can finally put it all together.

George
Budda,

See the last line on my post. I won't know if it works till I can get it all put together and running.

I did get the frame registry number stamped on the frame, so one legality hurdle it over, now I should be getting the paperwork is the coming day.

I promise that I will post the results either good or bad as to how the PEEK check ball is working (or not).

George
George Greer
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III
Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.
58 FL

Post by George Greer »

I know that this thread is old,

But I promised to follow up.

No, the PEEK check ball idea I had didn’t work.

I installed a VITON ball that I received from a board member here, and so far it seems to be the best thing that was suggested and I tried.

George
RooDog
Bikes: 1950 Panhead, Resto-Mod
1968 90", 5 Speed Shovelhead,
1984 Home Built Custom Evo 100" Bagger

Post by RooDog »

A bike builder friend of mine, and general metal fabricator, told me he uses the same spring with the check ball as is in the pressure relief valve. I know there are several numbers for both springs in the pumps used over the years, and he showed me the one he uses, but I didn't get the part number. Anyway, he reports no ill effects with the heavier spring, and his sumping problem has stopped.....
....RooDog....

Return to “Panhead”