Hanford swap meet

Hanford swap meet

All Panhead related discussions, questions etc.
wagon man
Bikes: 1958 FL , 1950 Panhead Chopper

Hanford swap meet

Post by wagon man »

I'm heading down Friday from Oakland Oregon to Hanford California for the swap meet . 10 hour drive so I hope it's worth it . I'm trying to got my motorcycle juices flowing after the long covid crap . Life seems to get in my way a lot but now the kids are older and I'm older I want to get back into bikes more . Anyone going ?
flatheadDave
Bikes: 1948 G 45", 1969 FLH, 1963 FLH, 1965 FLH

Re: Hanford swap meet

Post by flatheadDave »

Yea I’m driving up from LA on Friday afternoon. I was there last year. Friday day / morning I hear is the best. I think there were like 30 or so vendors last year. It’s kinda small but there is some tasty stuff there. I slept over in my van. Breakfast there sucks. They have a tiny burrito for $10. And it’s in the middle of absolute no where. I think there’s one house in the 5 miles or so around it. See you there
wagon man

Post by wagon man »

I made it down Friday nite and was there buy 8 am Saturday . Not sure I'll make the trip agin for a wail but I'm glad I went . Found some running boards and a throttle grip for my 1965 Pan . Almost bought a nice primary cover but wanted to walk the rest of the meet before committing , it was only 10 am . I decided I wanted it so went back and the guy was all packed up and said it was buried , it was only 11 am . after that we left for Yosemite .
RooDog
Bikes: 1950 Panhead, Resto-Mod
1968 90", 5 Speed Shovelhead,
1984 Home Built Custom Evo 100" Bagger

Post by RooDog »

I learned a long time ago at swap meets, flee markets, and military shows to buy the stuff when you see it, or it gets gone. A nice M-3 Trench Knife I was looking, was gone after I had only laid it down and take four steps away, turned back around, and it was sold. For larger meets & heavier items, I drag a two wheeled shopping cart behind me, like old ladies use at the grocery, It will handle a car intake manifold, or a Harley primary, transmission, heads....
If one goes to a swap meet on a motorcycle, he ain't a serious buyer, unless he has back up transpo...
....RooDog....
wagon man

Post by wagon man »

I'm vary aware of that rule . I hesitated because the part number was stamped and not embossed . That threw me off . Did they do booth ?

Return to “Panhead”