1937 knuckle head foot board brackets

foot board brackets

Knucklehead topics
ldfly112

1937 knuckle head foot board brackets

Post by ldfly112 »

I am putting together a 1937 knucklehead purchased a new set of foot board brackets from colony my question is the back two brackets have a bend to them and one bracket is longer than the other. can anyone tell me which side is the correct side for the longer bracket. neither short or long seem to fit correctly on either side. also the shorter bracket has a small hole drilled at about the center of the bracket. is that hole a indication of which side is correct thanks if you can help
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: 1937 knuckle head foot board brackets

Post by RUBONE »

The shorter bracket is the right side. The tabs on the frame are at different levels and angles in order for the longer bracket to clear the primary. The small hole on the right is for the brake pedal return spring.

Please go to the new member section and tell us a bit about yourself. It will help with asking for info when people feel they are dealing with a real person.
At the top of your page is a bar with the Knowledge base, documentation, gallery, etc. Look at the categories and most questions are already answered.
Welcome to the Forum
Robbie

Return to “Knucklehead”