Chevy valves in pan

Is there anyone of you guys who heard of this

dereborn
Former member
Bikes: .

Chevy valves in pan

Post by dereborn »

Hi Y'all! Here's a question from sweden, where the riding season is FINALLY here! In a small swedish forum, someone asked if anyone had used chevy smallblock (350 i guess...) valves in a pan, as they supposedly have the same measurements. I don't know WHY one should do it, but is there anyone of you guys who heard of this? And if so - what's the idea of it? Cheaper maybe?
Anyhow, this weekend we're going on the "oldschool chop & bobber run" here in Stockholm, so far over 50 oldies signed up, so this will be GREAT!
sleeper

Re: Chevy valves in pan

Post by sleeper »

Dereborn, I don't see why not? They would be cheaper. I'd measure them first. Can't remember ???
FlatHeadders been using Pre 63 Chevy 235 6 cylinder valves in 45 Flatty's for a long time that I know about.
Perfect valve when the seats are too deep! Bigger head Just needs a modification to the tip of the valve stem for Flatty, & the head of the valve has a much better shape =better flow.. ;D & excellent quality.
weezeo
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by weezeo »

I had heard that 283 GMC never knew for sure though. FWIW
haggis
Bikes: *

Post by haggis »

Dereborn.... hope you have a ball at the run...tag some of that blonde Swedish Poontang for me!! :D Haggis
chopper
Inactive member

Post by chopper »

Haggis, there will be NO BABES at the Oldschool run, so if Dereborn gets you a "Blondie" you better WATCH OUT ??? cause this is a BOYS GATHERING ONLY, you know drinking lot's of beer and just talking about Pans, Knuckles and Flatheads. (Usally there is a LOUD argument about what's best, Knuckles or Pans. But we know the answer to that one, dont we ;D)
Nice weekend to all of you.....
Rikard....
motorman
Inactive member
Bikes: 1963 Harley-Davidson Duo-Glide
1980 Harley-Davidson Police Special
2005 Honda Rune

Post by motorman »

The answer would be "FLATHEADS" :D
panomania
Inactive member

Post by panomania »

yea, im with haggis. get me some too.
chopper
Inactive member

Post by chopper »

Motorman you're totally wrong, the answer is and allways will be PANHEAD !! Ha ha.. Dereborn where were you ? we were expecting you to show up ??? Crappy cold weather but 35 bikes showed up and during the "riding together" run the sun visited us The beer and food tasted good and we had a long night talking about things that really matters ( Oldschool Motorcycles and Oldschool Rod and Kustom cars) There were no Blondes in sight so i guess Haggis and Panomania have to keep on dreaming :'( I checked that "Dream place" site and it seemes to be a nice place to hang out, sorry about your bike but glad nothing "really bad" happened when you lost your brakes.

Rikard....
dereborn
Former member
Bikes: .

Post by dereborn »

Well, the night before the oldschool run I experienced the syndrome earlier described here, where the kicker goes bananas, swings 'round (while passing a car, of course... ) and when I got to a stop the kicker pointed straight forward, and the clutch felt - well, strange...
Haven't had the time to open her up yet, but when I do next week, I'll find this place useful as always!

Cheers, see ya later!
DuoDave
Bikes: duo

Post by DuoDave »

You are not having too much luck at the moment, Dereborn. I hope your gearbox problem is not too serious.
savatage
Inactive member

Post by savatage »

iv always been told 2.02 intake valves work
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

350 Fuelie heads 202 intakes work when the seat is beatin in so much that the stock valve sinks in!--The 202 chevy valves (intakes) have a bigger head & have to be tipped to size ,The bigger head is useful for a last chance making it work!, just grind a seat & lap the valve to it untill you see a nice shiney ring!(it will seal). However eventually like 10,000miles lets say 1 summer the heads will have to go to HEADHOG for service. Been there done it! Olny as a last option!--(like no $$$$$ for HEADHOG!)--Richie---Also there are other intakes that will work ,but the 202s have the largest head. :!: , & All must be TIPPED to size so they dont hit the tins!

Return to “Cylinderheads”