What seat to run???

chopped850
Bikes: 1962 FL

What seat to run???

Post by chopped850 »

Just looking to see what is a comfy seat for the pan. I'm running a steel solo right now with 4" springs. Runnin around town it's not bad but burning up an down the freeway it's not comfy. I'm either gonna run a stock pogo or a king/queen style seat that mounts to the frame. What are you riders running and what's good for long rides? Thanks as any input is welcomed whether good or bad.
kevsett
Bikes: 1964 FL

Re: What seat to run???

Post by kevsett »

The king/queen saddle seat has always been very comfortable for me (64 FL with shocks) unless there is a passenger b/c it puts me way farther forward than I can be (6'4" and skinny) to remain comfortable. My dad used a more "modern" seat in the mid-70's and I still use it today. I'm sure there are better options but I never checked them out.
RussW
Bikes: 1961 FL
2007 Kaw. Vulcan 2000

Post by RussW »

This seat is a take-off from a new Crossbones, picked it up from Ebay for about $125 including springs/brackets. Used a Fab Kevin front mount, most of the stock hardware that came with the seat for the rear, and a set of 2" springs. Pretty comfortable (Harley does make some descent new seats). good price, and I think it fits better on the pan than it did on the Crossbones!
newseat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chopped850

Post by chopped850 »

RussW wrote:This seat is a take-off from a new Crossbones, picked it up from Ebay for about $125 including springs/brackets. Used a Fab Kevin front mount, most of the stock hardware that came with the seat for the rear, and a set of 2" springs. Pretty comfortable (Harley does make some descent new seats). good price, and I think it fits better on the pan than it did on the Crossbones!
newseat.jpg
That's a bitchen idea! I'm goin to the stealership today anyway so I'll have a seat on a crossbones and see how it fits. I think the pogo will have me sitting to far foward and that seat right there would put me back where it's comfortable. I would probably use the seat springs I have now as I'm running rigid.
Scrap
Bikes: 1957 FL
1980 FLT
74 FXE
2017 road glide
1971 Bonneville
2021 Ural GU

Post by Scrap »

On my rigid 57, I have a stock solo with a pogo & I added buddy springs. I have been on many week long trips and its as comfortable as can be. You ride kind of high with the buddy springs, but man is it worth it.
lovestory
Inactive member
Bikes: 52 fl

Post by lovestory »

Im with Scraps man,
I love my solo/pogo its like riding on a cloud compared to the rest of my bikes, love it
chopped850

Post by chopped850 »

My pogo seat is on it's way to my house. I'm probably gonna mount it like a solo seat and see if I like it. If not then I'll find the stick and T bracket.
chopped850

Post by chopped850 »

RussW wrote:This seat is a take-off from a new Crossbones, picked it up from Ebay for about $125 including springs/brackets. Used a Fab Kevin front mount, most of the stock hardware that came with the seat for the rear, and a set of 2" springs. Pretty comfortable (Harley does make some descent new seats). good price, and I think it fits better on the pan than it did on the Crossbones!
newseat.jpg
I've got a police seat from my uncle. Can you post some pix of the brackets on your seat?
45Brit2017
Bikes: 1992 XL, 1943 WLC, 1978 XLCH

Post by 45Brit2017 »

What he said. My favourite seat on any Harley ever, is the 70s style, big quilted white buddy seat. The police style pogo saddle is nice around town but personally, I find the lack of room to move a problem on longer runs.
kitabel
Bikes: 1937 U big flathead, 88" stroker, dual port, big cams, pop-up pistons

Post by kitabel »

Extend a seat "T" to put it where you want, and use the pogo with a Crossbones.
Your kidneys will thank you.
PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL chopper
44 U that looks like a 37.
60 FLH (Sold)
59 FLH (Sold)
58 FL (Sold)
08 CVO Road King

Post by PanPal »

I love the solo, but on week long runs I get a sore spot of the back of my leg from hitting it while kicking it strattling the bike. A stock pogo buddy seat is the cat's meow! 6' 2:" and no problems, also had the highway pegs on the outside of the front crash bar. Never understood having them mounted to the inside.

Return to “Seat”