Shock Grommets

Information on forks/springers/shocks
PanRider
Bikes: 1962 Duo-Glide Panhead
2005 Road King Classic

Shock Grommets

Post by PanRider »

I need some help here. My grommets in my rear shocks are worn and I believe caused my split key to pop out. Got the split key back in. I've been trying to find the right grommets and am striking out. The bike is a 62 but shock appears to be 67 and later according to HD Manual because it HAS the split key. The grommet on the top are smaller than those on the bottom. See pics. I am having difficulty finding the smaller top grommets. Got the bottom ones no problem. But I can't find the smaller top grommets. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is holding up my build. Quite frustrating.
On another note, good thoughts go out to Cass Kuzba of Deluxe HD Restoration in WI. Apparently he had a heart attack last week. Got a stint but ended up back in the hospital with bleeding. Hope for the best. Cass is always most helpful when needing parts and a good guy.
Here are pics. First pic shows size of top hole, second bottom hole, third the grommets with right grommet for top hole needed, fourth diagram of shock from HD Manual:
Top Shock Hole.jpg
Bottom shock hole.jpg
Shock grommets.jpg
HD Manual diagram.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Shock Grommets

Post by RUBONE »

I'll look in my stuff. when my indie closed down he gave me a whole box of rubber stuff. You may need Sportster tops if you have an odd mix of studs.

Return to “Forks/Shocks”