case repair shop --50 FL

Bottom End (crankcases and crankshaft)
tschukojr
Bikes: 07-road glide ---50 fl

case repair shop --50 FL

Post by tschukojr »

my motor man called me up the street to his place, and informned me my case is cracked, , now he dose heli-arc and i have 2 friends who are super heli-arc men, one gets sent from mass. to texas to do some kinda nasa work, BUT , my motor man , recomended a shop in wisconsin , or minn., that he has used before, ( they are looking for a number now, i just told him i'd be back in the morning , so he could keep on with his day )-- we both feel a shop who specialize's in this is the way to go---------------george, my motor man , said the case's were assembled too tight, fly wheel thrust washer was burning up and scored the end of the left side case roller bushing, kinda flattening it out prohibiting removal of the bearing cage assembly--- so we'll let who ever welds this push this out cause it could probably break the case, right--- any way any body know who this shop might be-------------he also said the flywheels were way out off true, ( he showed me them on his truing stand)sprocket side shaft was out a lot, he said it would shake like hell if i had brought it up too speed-------well i know i said this before but with the manifold air lealks, scoring pistons and lower end issue's it really did'nt seem to run too bad to me, but i only rode it a little bit, and never really rolled it on-----------yeah its all messed up, i am not getting beat down yet, and i have -------------a pan-------( and a road glide too)'----------well if anyone, has recomendation, let me know----------------ALSO, i don't know but i have here in my cellar a B S A ---1944 WM 20--500cc ( war model)it belongs too a life long girl friend, who is in tuff times now, she'll prolly sell it, it is in very tuff shape, complete, sort of--with it is anothe entire engine minus heads but thoose are prolly here too, , and original girder fork , and 2 front frame , see pic with girder ( girder not on complete bike)-- all kinda related tire's rims, and christ all kinda parts---------------anyone know anyone into this stuff let me know---------tony schuko
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

Re: case repair shop --50 FL

Post by panz4ever »

Try these folks, very pleased with the work...
http://www.creeksidemc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a price in mind for the beezer project?
steinauge
Inactive member
Bikes: 1938U,1949FL,1961FL,1968XL,1979FL ,1958 FL, 1965 BMW,1975 Honda CB750

Post by steinauge »

The place in Wisconsin is Advance Cycle.They are on winter street in Superior Wisconsin.
kitabel
Bikes: 1937 U big flathead, 88" stroker, dual port, big cams, pop-up pistons

Post by kitabel »

How this may have happened:
The engine was assembled correctly with end-play within limits.
However: a 24100-17 end-play collar was not greased, and rotated when the engine was tilted so that the collar's hole fell off the flywheel's locating pin.
Since the pin is .060" (has to be shorter than the thinnest collar), the end-play became a negative number.
tschukojr
Bikes: 07-road glide ---50 fl

Post by tschukojr »

stienauge-----your right--it is advanced cycle enginering----------he had them do some case work on some blown up sportster case's a while back, i suppose its advanced, or head hog, i gotta have my heli-arc friends look at it this weekend, but i'll send it out---- because i think who does the welding should press out and replace the bearing race's, both sides-----anyone else on here used advanced-----------thanks tony
Wayne Mc
Bikes: 1968FLH
1988 FLHT
1968 FLH

Post by Wayne Mc »

I used Advanced for a case repair on a 1950 EL years back. The cases had the barrels removed years before and were in a barn and filled with water and balloned and burst out. This was maybe 1990 - 1991 when Phil Senior was running the place. They came back lined lapped with new races and looked like new.
I used them a few years back for some seat replacement on some panheads along with exhaust spigot replacement. Also looked like new when I got them back.
I think Phil Senior has retired and Junior is running the shop.
Highly recommended.

Cheers
Wayne

Return to “Bottom End / Crankcases / Flywheels”