Mis-matched cases,early pan

Bottom End (crankcases and crankshaft)
Berglands
Bikes: 52 pan, 73 shovel, 97 Evo ,13 twin cam.

Mis-matched cases,early pan

Post by Berglands »

Anyone have suggestions on where to get a set of cases matched. Need cylinder decks evened, mains line honed and motor mounts evened. Dragonmans.com in Colorado does this for $175 I see. Anyone familiar with his work?
PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL chopper
44 U that looks like a 37.
60 FLH (Sold)
59 FLH (Sold)
58 FL (Sold)
08 CVO Road King

Re: Mis-matched cases,early pan

Post by PanPal »

I've heard to stay away from Dragonman.
Headhog (Don Sullivan) should be able to do it, but it may take some time to get back from him. he is in Ohio also.

Don Sullivan
7484 Kennard
Seville, OH 44273
330-948-9938
330-592-2500
donsullivan@headhog.com
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Post by RUBONE »

Just google Dragonman and you will find many horror stories. Where are you located? Many good shops can take care of what you need. Paul Friebus (American Cycle Fab) in PA. Bonafide Cycle in Il, etc. look in the Vendor database on here.
joe
Bikes: 1947 Indian Chief
1956 Harley FLH
1985 Harley FLH Shovelhead
1986 Heritage Softail

Post by joe »

I used Headhog to do my heads and replace the neck forging in my panhead frame. I have nothing but praise for his work. My cases were mismatched so I sent them to Truett and Osborne for a lower end and the machine work. I have since put nearly 8000 miles on the bike and it runs really smooth.

Joe
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Post by caschnd1 »

If you are on the west coast, give Perry Kime at FloHeadworks a call (Oceano, CA). He does all my panhead machine work.

-craig
Sandrooney
Bikes: 1949 Panhead, 2010 Harley Tri Glide, 2015 Harley Road King

Post by Sandrooney »

I wouldn't let Dragonman put air in my tires. He is a hack.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Bergland--Welcome///Dont rush it is my advice to you!//Not just anybody can do those operations (correctly)-Any able bodied tool & die Maker should & can handle it.//But this is where experiance dealing with pourous castings come in!,Theres ALOT to be said for the SHOPS MENTIONED on this forum!--Try one even if its a 12-month wait which Donnie probably will be.But there are others that can do the job!--REALLY EXPLORE the K-BASE ,all your answers will be found as theres to much to type in a post.----Respectfully----Richie
marty
Bikes: none at the moment

Post by marty »

I don't post very much the last cases I had worked on where done by Creekside but he's gone now but there is a young man that runs nab cycle that I have heard good things
about might look him up and see if he can help.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Marty!---The guy could very well know what hes doing!//Working on antique hardware requires a different set of application!/Let us know How many Genny bikes he has done!--(ask this---What balance factor would you recomend?)-If he starts headscrathing & umm,umm/RUN MARTY!)-I got that from this site!-& its VERY TRUE!/Plus you mentioned YOUNG GUY!//Which does not nessessarily mean BAD!--IF he apprenticed on OLD MACHINES & can Answer the simple question You may have found your SHOP!!!---Look in the K-Base under Factors & flyweight,Bottomend as keywords,you will see whats-up.VERY FEW know HOW!--The shops mentioned DO FABULOUS work!//TRUITT & OSBOURNE set-up bottom ends & I feel there the best wheels on the market!S&S went lightweight!/He went HEAVIER which is BETTER for a LOCOMOTIVE TOURQUY puller as a Panhead IS!.My next set are stroker T-Monsters from T&O/At under $300 for new wheels & shafts There very reasonable!--It dont hurt to call & let them know what your doing!/A showbike-(100 pointer),-or a daily runner as most here achieve!---Let us know how the kid is & ask for pics. & the local watering hole!Twinkees & EVOS pay the bills for keeping me afloat all these yrs. BUT my heart lies in ANTIQUE RUNNERS.----Respectfully----RICHIE
marty
Bikes: none at the moment

Post by marty »

thanks for the advise when I get ready with my next set of cases (49) i'll do as you ask.

Return to “Bottom End / Crankcases / Flywheels”