Lucas Oil Stabilizer in a Pan Head ?

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
Motorcyclemike
Bikes: Knucklehead and a Triumph

Lucas Oil Stabilizer in a Pan Head ?

Post by Motorcyclemike »

I know a guy that runs the Lucas Oil Stabilizer in his Shovel 96 inch Stoker , he runs a quart to 3 quarts of 60 weight and was wondering...has any one used it in a stock or a stroked Pan Head ?
and i don't think that i would run a quart to 3 quarts of motor oil....But i would run a half quart to a oil change thats a really good product !
Any input comments will be welcomed.
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Lucas Oil Stabilizer in a Pan Head ?

Post by RUBONE »

Use top quality oil, change regularly. There are plenty of products designed to make oil last longer, wear better, etc. None of them replace regular oil changes.
Robbie
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Robbie said it all, I run 60wt. in my pan with no trouble, one thing I do is everytime I tank-up I put 3shtglasses of marvel mystery oil, for my top end. I can say that when I didnt use it I had more carbon buildup & cyls. thrust marks were more pronounced! As far as guides ,heads they were much to my surprise clean, what im saying is i got more milage before takedown by using M.M.O.! also Iadd 4 oz. of reg. old S.T.P. to my oil changes & this combination for has worked best! Also My bike is my olny source of transportation, so the miles add up fast! Also I do an oil change every 2500 to 3000 or somewhere inbetween. (Best of Luck)--58flh
Motorcyclemike
Bikes: Knucklehead and a Triumph

Post by Motorcyclemike »

Thanks to you >Both< for the tips and also advice....i use Marvel Mystery too in the oil tank and i sure will agree with what it will do.....i also had great results with a cleaner internal engine.... i use 60 wt summer and 50 wt winter and i add 4 to 5 ozs of Marvel in the winter months..
And i think the few ozs of the old STP is also a good idea too !

Thanks for the tips and advice.
Mike

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”