Revtech oil pump info

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
StueyC
Inactive member
Bikes: 60 FL Pan, 2011 Wide Glide, 49 BSA, 40 Ariel, 47 Excelsior (British)

Revtech oil pump info

Post by StueyC »

The last oil pump I bought was an S & S for my shovel and it came with a 13 page instruction document with photos and drawings. This time around I have bought a Revtech pump for the pan and it cam with 3 poorly photocopied pages which included a parts diagram and instructions on case modification. It does not clearly show which nipples or ports on the pump are inlet and outlet and it isn't clear to me whether I can simply plug both the adjusting needle holes for the primary and rear chain oilers. Does anyone have clearer info' available for these pumps?

Thanks.
StueyC
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Re: Oil pump

Post by Panacea »

Doesn't say much for RevTec does it?
StueyC
Inactive member

Post by StueyC »

Your right Panacea it's not a good sign and doesn't overwhelm me with confidence on the product quality but I'm going to have to use it. Hopefully someone else is using one and can offer some advise.

Thanks.
StueyC
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Here Stuey,
http://www.customchrome.com/DCM/cc/imag ... oilpmp.pdf To make it big enough to read, press control then roll your mouse wheel...Mike
StueyC
Inactive member

Post by StueyC »

Thanks for the link Panacea. Do you know which of the elbows (item 7) is oil feed in and which is oil feed out? I think on the Harley oil pumps the inlet is at the bottom of the pump and the outlet is at the top left hand side of the front cover.

StueyC
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

The smaller pump gears are for supply I believe, so just look at which hole goes to the outer compartment...The oil feed line can be routed to the stock location at the top of the cover or
directly to the pressure gears through a fitting located at the bottom of the cover
old52pan
Inactive member
Bikes: 49 pan and a 52 pan project

Post by old52pan »

If you think three pages are sad? Buy a sifton, they come with no paperwork at all. just a sticker with their logo on it. :x go to the s&s site and check out their detailed intructions online. The routings are the same for the sifton and s&s and most likely your application. The angled port in the middle is for a pressure gauge,the one below that is the oil feed. tim

here is a link
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/down ... ilpump.pdf
StueyC
Inactive member

Post by StueyC »

Thanks for the replies Panacea and Old52pan, if the pump is the same as a S & S then I will plumb it up as the one fitted to my shovel i.e. the inner top fitting (closest to the cylinders ) as return and the one next to it ( outside ) as the feed. I didn't want to remove the cover off the pump to check galleries unless totally unsure.

StueyC
old52pan
Inactive member
Bikes: 49 pan and a 52 pan project

Post by old52pan »

stuey, plumb as you described and you should have a winner, don't forget to prime the pump before starting her up.-Tim

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”