Hi from new chap with a question about 9/16 -24 oil fittings

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
lost kiwi
Inactive member
Bikes: wla and custom pan

Hi from new chap with a question about 9/16 -24 oil fittings

Post by lost kiwi »

Hi there
I am new here and will be bound to ask a few stupid questions. I am from New Zealand but now living in Liverpool UK (maybe that will explain the stupid questions :) ). I have an 45 bobber and a very shabby panhead project going on.

The question for today that i have is about braided stainless oil lines. On the panhead project someone has used braided stainless oil lines with crimped fittings between the oil tank, filter and oil pump. The unusual thing is that the female fittings are 9/16 -24 and therefore mate directly onto tank. I have searched high and low for braided lines like these but have been unable to find anything. The standard JIC fittings are 9/16 -18 as are UNF. Does anyone know where i could find the 9/16 -24 type
Cheers
Roger
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Re: Hi from new chap with a question about 9/16 -24 oil fittings

Post by mbskeam »

try this place.....

http://www.shocking.com/~dmusca/index.html

they made the lines that I have on my bike they are almost 15 years old, had one go bad and they replaced it free of charge, I even offered to pay shipping , but they would not even take that.....
stand up people in my book.....
lost kiwi
Inactive member
Bikes: wla and custom pan

Re: Hi from new chap with a question about 9/16 -24 oil fittings

Post by lost kiwi »

Hey mbskeam
thanks very much. i'll get in contact with them next week. they loook just the ticket
cheers
Roger

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”