Oil Lines

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
Hauula Pan
Bikes: 1952 FL

Oil Lines

Post by Hauula Pan »

I just purchased a set of Oil Lines from V-Twin that has 4 lines to work with the stock style filter. The problem is the set came with the feed and vent lines having flair end fittings that will work with the type 15 nipple fittings on my oil tank, but the return to the filter and filter to tank have the flat rubber seal fittings so the one from the filter back to the tank won't work. The tank has welded in type 15 nipple fittings so I can't change them. Does anyone know if there is an adapter fitting available or where I can purchase the filter to tank line with flair & type 15 nipple nuts??? I can use the flat rubber seal one from the pump to the filter because I can change those fittings over from the nipple type, but since the nipple fittings in my oil tank are welded in I can't use the rubber seal filter to tank line and need to either find an adapter fitting that will connect that line to the nipple on the tank, or find a filter to tank line that has the nipple type fittings on it.
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Re: Oil Lines

Post by john HD »

yes there is an adaptor, nos parts has them. i'll get the part number for you...

63524-50

john
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

here is a photo with annotation pointing to the adaptor, as you can see it goes on the outboard fitting on the tank.

there is an advantage to having it set up this way, when you go to change and clean the filter and cup you can remove the entire assembly. and then take it to a drain pan or parts washer and not get oil all over the back of the motor or the top of the tranny!

the other advantage is that the rubber sealed couplings are much more forgiving than flares for alignment.

here is one on flea bay for less than 10 bucks http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLEY-M ... 18Q2el1247

john
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hauula Pan
Bikes: 1952 FL

Post by Hauula Pan »

John, Thanks soooo much for the info. I was afraid I was looking at having to canibilze the nuts from another line and end up making a flared filter to tank line and then having to have it chromed to match my other lines. The adapter is going to make fitting at least one part from V-Twin much easier. (I hope)...

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”