Oil filter gasket

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
jarhead
Bikes: -

Oil filter gasket

Post by jarhead »

On the below oil filter diagram, is there a torque spec. on oem# 63810-50 when placed through oem# 63874-50? I'm getting a leak at the bolt that goes through the top cover and then onto the bracket . My gasket for #63810-50 is brass and seems to have a ever so slight grove in it near the outer diameter. Is that correct? I tried another washer (not oem) and I'm still getting a leak. Any ideas?
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

I used banjo bolt washers( brake washers ) that has the rubber on it , I think it was the 10 MM size ones .

My problem was always the bottom leaking where the stem goes through, the # 63858-49 , I got tired of it and went to a spin on filter,because I don't care about being correct for an AMA judge , no more leaks and very easy to change filters and a much better filter also.
Bill Golightly
Bikes: rigid frame '62 Pan
'09 cvo road glide

+1 for spin-on filter

Post by Bill Golightly »

it will never leak.
jarhead

Post by jarhead »

Fourthgear, are you saying you used banjo bolt washers that have the rubber on it to replace oem# 63874-50?
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

Sorry it took so long to get back on the PC , but I'm making a wiring harness up for my 65 . Here's a photo , if this is what you are talking about where yours is leaking . If its from the top ,this took care of mine leaking from up there .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jarhead

Post by jarhead »

Fourthgear, thats exactly where mine is leaking from! Thanks for the idea and appreciate the reply.
King
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Post by King »

Hi fourthgear

I have had the same leak now temporally plugged but waiting for it to spring forth again. Where did you get the banjo gasket?

King
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

JP cycles ,but you should be able to get them at any motorcycle dealer , probably need to call around .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”