Oil pump for STD crankcase

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
ES175
Bikes: PANHEAD

Oil pump for STD crankcase

Post by ES175 »

I have to buy an oil pump for my pan project. My crankcase is a 1983 vintage STD model 1969 generator. Can anyone tell me what model S&S pump I should buy and what modifications I would have to do? I have printed S&S's instruction sheet but nothing seems to match a description of my cases. I have tried to get info from STD but no one there seems to know about oil pumps.

There is an oil gallery hole on the right case gear cover surface located just above the one which supplies oil into the gear cover. The gear cover I have, 1956 vintage, does not cover this hole. My manual, which covers up to 1969 engines does not show this gallery on any of the lube flow diagrams. Does anyone know what this gallery is for?

Thanks
panomania
Inactive member

Re: Oil pump for STD crankcase

Post by panomania »

the s&s website has instructions and pictures of cases so you match your cases and order the proper oil pump. if it is not listed, call them. there tech department was very helpful in helping me with the right pump. the one they suggested didnt require and case drilling. mine are std cases also. good luck, pano
62panheaddan

Re: Oil pump for STD crankcase

Post by 62panheaddan »

I have a hole where you describe. It has a screen inside and sends oil to the primary chain.

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”