Excessive static Sumping

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
wmnmy
Bikes: 1961 panhead fl

Excessive static Sumping

Post by wmnmy »

Sorry I posted this at the end of my last post but I need some help . So I put 26 wonderful miles on my newly rebuilt pan . Only to find out that when it sat either straight up on my lift or on the jiffy stand all of the oil was leaking into my primary . First thought after reading all of the post here on everything from check ball , burnishing and special balls and peek was that my adjuster screw was bad so I purchased a new one and tried using the one from the original pump I took off . Didn't work still leaked all the oil outta the tank and I got two to three quarts in the pan under the primary in two days of sitting . Well I purchased a snap on camera and took a look only to find the damn ball wasn't even close to seating. There is what looks to me like the tip of the bit used to drill out the passage ways from vtwin I know shocker, going across the area where the check ball seat so the ball never made it to the seat . Spent a lot on that pump any help would be appreciated. Don't really want to buy a new one I'm soaking my original pump in carb cleaner now to maybe see if I could reuse it but it's in bad shape but the check ball in the old one had a nice seat lol. Here are som pics of what I found .
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wmnmy

Re: Excessive static Sumping

Post by wmnmy »

I used a magnet and tried tweezers and a pick still won't come out don't know what it is .
Bigincher
Former member
Bikes: 1941/59 EL
1952 FL
1977 FLH
1994 Fatboy

Post by Bigincher »

Like I said in your other thread, I'd call VeeTwin and explain the whole situation. At least try to get a refund. You may end up with a $500 paperweight. And if you do, send it back to them anyway, with signature required'. Include a letter explaining the entire situation. If they refuse to help, that's just plain wrong. I hate VeeTwin.
wmnmy

Post by wmnmy »

I sent a email to their customer service to see what they say and I will go from there mean time soaking the original pump maybe I could get it to work so I could ride was a big let down .

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”