Oil Screen

Lubrication System (oil feed pump and scavenger pump, reservoir, filter, and lines)
nan00k
Bikes: '65 FL Sold and regretted in the same day
Vincent Comet
WL
Triumph Morgo Project

Oil Screen

Post by nan00k »

Poking around under cap screw on the '65 Pan where I was expecting to find the assembly there was nada, this kit is listed as fitting '52 -'62models I'm thinking nothing changed for the '65 or am I missing something.
Oil screen.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1950Panhead
Bikes: 1950Panhead

Re: Oil Screen

Post by 1950Panhead »

nan00k
Vincent Comet
WL
Triumph Morgo Project

Post by nan00k »

spot the difference ?

thanks
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Nanook----Thats the witches-hat for the tappet blocks/filtering.Most likely it was removed because another filter was installed & a Tappet was probably ticking-(usually the front ex.).I know of plenty of bikes running without it!/for a very LONG time!,without issues.The new ones from V-twinge are not the same as OEM ones.Try one of the vendors on this site & you may get lucky.Look in the K-Base for a complete break-down on the parts for your 65/in the manual section.---Respectfully----Richie---Remember its not Pressure but Volume for oiling.The screen will restrict some.However I would always tell a customer that the MoCo thought it nessessary/& let them make the decision!//I havent ran one in 26yrs.
nan00k
Vincent Comet
WL
Triumph Morgo Project

Post by nan00k »

thought the reason for it , and check ball valve,was so oil didn't flow back down from heads but back down push rod tubesfor the cam followers.
But yes, the motor has been set up with an after market screw on filterwhich obviously filters crud but doesn't hold the oil 'reservoir' where it should?.

Return to “Lubrication System/Oil pump/Oil filter”