Pushrods: what should I use

Top End (cylinders pushrods etc.)
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Pushrods: what should I use

Post by fourthgear »

Gentilmen
I have Jims solid Tappets w/adj . all one piece, my question is where can I get or what should I use for push rods ? Jims sends you to AXTEL for them and they e-mailed me back with a price of $145.00 wow. I was thinking of getting one of them there conversion kits with the adj. in the lifters so I can use the push rods that don't have the adj. on them. Any help ? I like solids in older HD's cause I don't trust the Hyd. systems in the older HD's. Had to many fail and sometimes trouble shooting someones motor with a colapsing lifter can get fustrating for sure. I guess I like that tink tink sound too.
kell

Re: Pushrods: what should I use

Post by kell »

Don't know if this will work for you but I used Colony push rods. Certainly much cheaper than the Axtel.
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

Kell
Any idea what part number for Colony rods ? I've always used the conversion kits , these Jims all in one are a good idea , but I didn't think selecting push rods would be a problem. Its a long story why I have the Jims units. There are new in the box and I like solids and I have to use them or change my new Cam I just bought. Thanks
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Post by mbskeam »

hello,
I think I have colony pushrods in mine also.and I used to have sifton lifters but now I run Jims solids, and these same push rods worked.
mbskeam

http://www.colonymachine.com/33-pshrodkit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kell

Post by kell »

fourthgear you should be able to find what you want in that link MBskeam provided. I spent forty or fifty bucks if I remember.
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

Thanks guys , I knew some one had to make something less expensive than 145.00 a set. If I was still one of those hot rodder's ( too old to care about speed, I'm more into style now adays )the ones from Axtell would be what I was looking for .Thanks for the help, I knew I would get it here .

Return to “Top End / Cylinders / Pushrods / Lifters”