panhead jugs

Top End (cylinders pushrods etc.)
pan58head
Inactive member

panhead jugs

Post by pan58head »

Hello all, time once again to dive into the wealth of panhead knowledge! On pan head jugs there is a casting number ion the bottom. Is the cast number or the date code. I looked in the restoring panhead book and it only shows the different type . Thanks in advanc Bob
Cotten
Bikes: -

Post by Cotten »

Bob!

It is my guess that most of the variations are not documented.

We could start collecting photos of castings on this forum. Otherwise, any other guesses are just guesses as well.

...Cotten
pan58head
Inactive member

panhead jugs

Post by pan58head »

Thanks cotton for the info. I just missed out on a pair that where supposed to be the ones I need for my 58. I'm not trying to make my bike back to like it was when it was new but, when I replace a worn piece I like to put the right pieces back instead of basturdizing it more Bob

Post by Guest »

It's the model number for that head. 58 there going to say 56 on the bottom of the head between the pushrod holes as far as I know. I could be wrong. This is rare but it does happen. Bob cover your ass and make sure the have the orignal vavle seats in them (bronze). I see more shit seat jobs around today. Need exhast ports I got a guy in MD that welds them in the inside. Once the pipes are on you'd never know they were ever touched. Bob Luland
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

Post by panz4ever »

HEY GUEST,,, DO US ALL A FAVOR AND REGISTER. THIS IS GREAT FORUM WITH A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE.

BTW, HE'S TALKING ABOUT THE CYLINDERS NOT THE HEADS. HEADS HAVE A CASTING NUMBER THAT CLEARLY IDENTIFYS THEM. JUGS HAVE A SET OF NUMBERS AND ALPHAS THAT SEEMS TO BE IN QUESTION HERE

Return to “Top End / Cylinders / Pushrods / Lifters”