Correct cylinders

Top End (cylinders pushrods etc.)
chuck 56 pan
Bikes: 1956 FLH, 1969 FL, 2014 RoadKing

Correct cylinders

Post by chuck 56 pan »

With repairs to my engine in the works, I have some questions that I hope someone can answer. my cases are 1956 or so the ser number says. there are no cylinder oil drain back holes drilled on the left side of the case, only the small oil feed hole on the R/side. I read that this engine should not have the drain back in the case,but inside the cylinder, will that be correct info? the rear cyl installed on my engine has no drain back inside the cyl, its drain back is on the base, making that the wrong cyl for my engine. the aftermarket [ Vtwin ] calls the cylinder with the drain back drilled thru the cylinder walls as fitting 48 -52, that seems to be wrong info. can anyone clairify this for me. I just orded cylinders with the drain back hole drilled thru the cyl walls. seems right to me,what say you?
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Correct cylinders

Post by RUBONE »

Your bike should have holes in the cylinder wall intersecting with the main drain hole that drains into the cylinder bore just below the oil ring position. From the large hole on the left side. They should feed oil up the small hole on the right side.
Robbie
Robert Luland
Bikes: 1922 J, 1922 JD, 1937 ULH, 1946FL 1948FL, 1957FL, 1960FLH, 1965XLCH, 1995 FLHT

Re: Correct cylinders

Post by Robert Luland »

Chuck, you better start throwing some pictues up here before ya go though another $1500 clams. This place is a world of knowledge but we can't help ya if you don't give us the ammunition to load the gun. Bob L

Return to “Top End / Cylinders / Pushrods / Lifters”