other fork questions

Information on forks/springers/shocks
tschukojr
Bikes: 07-road glide ---50 fl

other fork questions

Post by tschukojr »

well , my 50 fl , has a superglide, or sportster front end on it /with disc brake, i would like to get some kind of wideglide on it, i have 2 sets of tube's, and some drum brake sliders, and a set of crummy rusty aftermarket triple tree's----------but one of my buddies just offered me a front end, i don't know exactly what its off of---it apears to have, factory sliders, with mounts for a disc caliper, springs, and aftermarket lower triple tree, and axel------------------ here's the question's did the previous owner have to change the bearing cups, and or the bearings to accomodate the narrow front end, or do they just fit right up---------------- also were the stem diameters and stem length on older front ends-(pan triple trees)--the same as the modern front ends--------------------i did'nt bring it home cause i was on my roadglide ( sorry not my pan)------but told him, them, it prolly wouldn't work--there's gotta be some change's in dia. or length----------any way i got a good ride in today, for being jan. 1----south of boston ma.-----------------thanks tony schuko- ---------------- ( i would really like to have an older glide front end, but i like disc brake idea)
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: other fork questions

Post by RUBONE »

If the front end on your bike is a stock Superglide fork any standard wide glide will interchange. No special parts needed. There are some differences on bearings over the years but depending on whether you intend to run fork covers or a nacelle they are easily changed.
Robbie

Return to “Forks/Shocks”