malory distributor

All ignition related articles
Eric
Bikes: 93 CI Panhead from Accurate Eingineering Ridgid wishbone w/50's engineering

malory distributor

Post by Eric »

I have an 93 IC panhead from accurite engineering. Runs great but hell to start. Went on a run last weekend, ran great but leaving the Harley dealer it began to misfire and about 2 miles down the road it got so bad I had to pull over and there I spent my afternoon trouble shooting and kicking it. Got it started and it ran for 10 miles and right befor I pulled in to a gas station again it began to misfire. And here is the question. I found the cap on the distributor was able to be turned back and forth. It wasn't the cap tuning but the piece on the distributor that it screws into. I don't recall if that is normal. I feel that this has been part of my problem because wouldn't that change my timing? I did loose spark and I installed another module and it gave me a very weak spark. Hope someone can help.
Thanks Eric
DuoGlide62
Bikes: 1962 FL

Re: malory distributor

Post by DuoGlide62 »

sorry I don't have a solid answer for you but it seems to me you haven't fully resolved your problem of a couple weeks ago.
https://www.hydra-glide.net/phpBB3/view ... hp?p=26510

I hope you get it resolved.
Rick
Eric
Bikes: 93 CI Panhead from Accurate Eingineering Ridgid wishbone w/50's engineering

Post by Eric »

Duo
I did resolve that problem. I've since put 450 miles on it last weekend. I'm really wonder about the distributor.
Thanks
hplhd
Bikes: 1998 heritage springer
1959 FLH

Post by hplhd »

i had a mallory on my 64 and it locks down and shouldnt turn. it's auto advance.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Pulled the distributor and found the screws had backed out. Removed them the rest of the way. Cleaned, applied lock tight, and reinstalled.
Eric

Return to “Ignition”