All ignition related articles
rootwad
Inactive member
Bikes: '59 Pan/Shovel FLH
'06 Road King FLHR

re sticky timer

Post by rootwad »

Hey Guys,
It is kinda funny that you should mention making sure that BOTH end of the retaining clip are where they are supposed to be: it took me a couple tries to get the inside (forward) end in place. Thanks for the tip re the clip being a ground. I started the bike after I cleaned things up and it seems to run well.
I fabricated a little control cable holder, still in the works, have one more hole to drill. It is 15 degrees here in Bremerton and I have NO heat in my shed (shop?), so I do a little at a time. Gonna get back to it later. I will post pics when I can, I have dial up and an old computer so it is a very slow process.
The only problem with the lawn mower control cable is that it is not covered, bare metal spring. I ended up just ordering one from JP for $15. I figured that the bare wire would rust inside. It is working well to let me set everything up, and I will just replace it when the part comes.
My top triple tree must be after-market as it doesn't have a elongated hole between the risers for the wires to go thru. I have a friend that runs a CNC machine, makes parts for Boeing, so he's going to cut the hole and line it with titanium. Pretty cool.
Anyway, thanks again for the imput.
Eric
aka rootwad

Return to “Ignition”