Exhaust Question = Where to buy

Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

Exhaust Question = Where to buy

Post by panz4ever »

Doing some fitment on the exhaust system. Aftermarket parts that came with the 49 project

Rear pipe fits well....first pipe on the left in the attached pic

Front pipe is pictured in the center. It is not deep enough where it goes on the header so the pipe will not go all the way on (bottoms out basically and of course this means no alignment with the squish pipe)...second pic

Pipe on the far right is nos front that is used with a sidecar. It is cut deeper than the other two and mounts fine. Saving this for when I do add the sidecar.

That being said anyone have suggestions about where to get one that will fit properly.

Don't have the money to buy three separate sets in order to make one good one and would like to avoid returns on incorrect parts
Attachments
CIMG1469.JPG
CIMG1469.JPG (97.79 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
CIMG1465.JPG
CIMG1465.JPG (136.51 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
james
Bikes: 1952 FL
2020 Honda Super Cub

Re: Exhaust Question = Where to buy

Post by james »

Easy Russ on E-bay has a bunch of NOS front pipes.
I got one from him for my 52 and it fits perfect.
I don't think the price was out of line either.

Jim
Pomike
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Post by Pomike »

I don't hink any of the adftermarket pipes have the compound bend to fit properly on a stock bike. It does look like at least one of yours is oem. Maybe the spigots are too long? I have a couple, I think. One chrome, and one not. Maybe I can sell you one if you can't make any of yours work.
Mike
panz4ever

Post by panz4ever »

James, thanks for info...will have to check

Mike, heads were redone to stock specks. When i got them i measured the exhaust portion just out of curiosity and they are the same as are on my 65 pan heads. They are OEM that came with the 65 when I bought her in '70. thanks for the offer; keep you in mind if I cannot find what I need.

There was a question on another forum at dennis Corso and the origin of his for sale on his site. Emailed him and included same pics. Guess it's just a wait-n-see.
NightShift
Bikes: Two Schwinns, a Hercules, and a Hiawatha

Post by NightShift »

I dealt once with Easy Russ I don't do ebay duh, and it was a pleasure .

Much R'spect,
panz4ever

Post by panz4ever »

Just sent them a message. Also going to Call Bills Custom Cycles on Tuesday. Someone has one. You think whoever makes these things would figure out how to get it right. On another forum someone else was lamenting the Pauchgo pan pipes they bought.
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

i have bought a bunch of stuff from russ on ebay for my 45 project.

pleasure to deal with and a super fast shipper.

john
Robert Luland
Bikes: 1922 J, 1922 JD, 1937 ULH, 1946FL 1948FL, 1957FL, 1960FLH, 1965XLCH, 1995 FLHT

Post by Robert Luland »

panz4ever wrote:Doing some fitment on the exhaust system. Aftermarket parts that came with the 49 project

Rear pipe fits well....first pipe on the left in the attached pic

Front pipe is pictured in the center. It is not deep enough where it goes on the header so the pipe will not go all the way on (bottoms out basically and of course this means no alignment with the squish pipe)...second pic

Pipe on the far right is nos front that is used with a sidecar. It is cut deeper than the other two and mounts fine. Saving this for when I do add the sidecar.

That being said anyone have suggestions about where to get one that will fit properly.

Don't have the money to buy three separate sets in order to make one good one and would like to avoid returns on incorrect parts
Give Tom Faber a call. I got a few from him from the Harley auction.
616-293-4810
Robert Luland
Bikes: 1922 J, 1922 JD, 1937 ULH, 1946FL 1948FL, 1957FL, 1960FLH, 1965XLCH, 1995 FLHT

Post by Robert Luland »

NightShift wrote:I dealt once with Easy Russ I don't do ebay duh, and it was a pleasure .

Much R'spect,
Whats wrong with fleese-bay. I've made a killing there. It's just a selling place. If you don't know what your buying or don't ask question you are perfect prey! bob L
Bosheff
Bikes: 65 FLH 82 FLH

Post by Bosheff »

If yer talkin bout E-Z Russ in Walker, Mi., I been knowin ol Rusty for 25+ years. At one time he probably had one the largest stashes of genuine H-D parts in the universe. He is bout as fair on his prices as anyone can be. He's still in the game cause he genuinely loves his H-D's. As Shifty said, it's a pleasure to do business with him. I wish I could say that about the other 95 percent of the people in the business....bosheff
james
Bikes: 1952 FL
2020 Honda Super Cub

Post by james »

I've bought many NOS items off of Russ over the years. Always has good stuff at a reasonable price. When I look at an item on e-bay and it's one of his I feel confident.
Met Russ at Oley this year, he's a crusty old bird but a nice guy. Like Bosheff said he has a lot of stuff. I swear he had a crate of NOS front exhaust pipes.

Jim
panz4ever

Post by panz4ever »

Sent him an email via his ebay account. Guess we will find out.

Return to “Exhaust”