S&S SUPER "E" THROTTLE CABLE HOOKUP QUESTION

S&S carburetor isues
BCOWANWHEELS
Bikes: 1959 PAN CHOPPER

S&S SUPER "E" THROTTLE CABLE HOOKUP QUESTION

Post by BCOWANWHEELS »

WELL FINALLY READY to hookup my throttle cable on this super "E" and I have a question maybe someone could help me with that has "sperience" with these carbs.
do i have to change my twist throttle assy to a double cable 'push-pull" setup or can i still run my single cable "pull " only setup. sure hope i can run my single cable setup. all help is appreciated.
thanks
bob
Kuda
Bikes: *

Re: S&S SUPER "E" THROTTLE CABLE HOOKUP QUESTION

Post by Kuda »

BCOWANWHEELS wrote:WELL FINALLY READY to hookup my throttle cable on this super "E" and I have a question maybe someone could help me with that has "sperience" with these carbs.
do i have to change my twist throttle assy to a double cable 'push-pull" setup or can i still run my single cable "pull " only setup. sure hope i can run my single cable setup. all help is appreciated.
thanks
bob
The return spring on an S&S is pretty strong, I ran one for a year or so with no problem at all on a single cable. Just remember the idle cable is a safety feature: it allows you to pull the throttle closed if it sticks. You lose that with one cable. That said, I know there are thousands (at least) of bikes out there running single cables (not wires, cables) on S&S carbs with no problem. Just familerize yourself with the kill switch, just in case... :-)

-Kuda
'49 panchop
BCOWANWHEELS
Bikes: 1959 PAN CHOPPER

Re: S&S SUPER "E" THROTTLE CABLE HOOKUP QUESTION

Post by BCOWANWHEELS »

thanks i got to looking at it closly last night and the single cable will work out for me.
bob

Return to “S&S”