S&S Carb

S&S carburetor isues
Eric
Bikes: 93 CI Panhead from Accurate Eingineering Ridgid wishbone w/50's engineering

S&S Carb

Post by Eric »

I have a S&S "E"carb. Without giving no throttle, no accelerator pump, and no enricher upon starting I find a puddle
Of gas inside the carb at the butterfly and it will eventually accumulate until it drips out the carb. The motor floods and
will not start. If the problem was with the float, wouldn't it run out the overflow. I thought it might be jetting. Maybe even
valve adjustment.
Any Ideas? Once started the bike runs great, it's just getting it started.
Thanks Eric
1951 adam
Bikes: 1951 panhead , 1995 dyna

Re: S&S Carb

Post by 1951 adam »

Eric, take it apart and find out whats going on, pretty simple carb . If the overflow were blocked it would pour out everywhere and into the engine
Adam
Eric
Bikes: 93 CI Panhead from Accurate Eingineering Ridgid wishbone w/50's engineering

Post by Eric »

Thanks Adam. will do tomorrow.
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh »

Eric--while your in there, make-sure all is good with the seat & float!-Also check the pumpshooter -make-sure it is TIGHT & pointing down the throat!,If the float was working properly it wont let that much fuel in ,the first place!,which you may find your petcok is dribbling all night to.-You may have more then one issue.--Richie

Return to “S&S”